Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Glad you're ok, buddy! You had us worried :)
    I'm pleased to see things are working out for you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    The new forum software does not support tapatalk. It is however optimized for smaller platforms. Just use your browser of choice on your phone.

Glad to see you are making it.

4. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Firespock any news??...how's it going???....My brother is seriously considering doing the DB Customs lease but he has no tanker experience (all flatbed as co. driver) so your thread is kinda becoming a big part of his research!!!!....if it's ok with you can you post more load numbers (line haul +FSC and mileage)...Hope all is going well!!!

5. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Guess not posting anymore......

6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    If @firespock ever comes back on the board, I would like to know if you can leave either your trailer only or your truck and trailer at an affiliate that is not in your affiliate group. For example, if I worked for GCE Moblile, AL, could I leave my truck and trailer or just trailer at QCGA Red Level, AL?

You would think the easy answer was YES, it is all Quality Carriers, but I understand an affiliate other than your own might take issue with you using their yard to park when you take time off, etc.

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    The terminals didn't play well together when it was all one company .....

Can't imagine what it's like now . lol

8. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I don't know if it's still going on, but I've heard in the past if a driver from one affiliate went in to another affiliates area to get a load, that contractor would be the last loaded, if at all. Hopefully that part of it has gotten better.

9. firespock

firespock Heavy Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Smyrna, Ga
    88 Alpha, I am honestly not sure about that question you asked. I have dropped a trailer for wash at Bristol QC but never left a trailer or truck anywhere else. You are with GCEC out of Mobile?? I'm with GCEC out of Morrow, never know you were with GCEC. Sorry, I haven't been posting a lot. Been running really hard and making some good money. Getting home almost every weekend, and still bringing home about $1000+ after expenses. I am trying to post more often but being so busy i keep forgetting to get on when i stop.

DirtyDog808, jerseysown and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  10. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    No sir, I'm not with QC (yet), but I'm interested and that's the reason for the question. QCGA River Falls is the closest terminal but there is not much going on when you drive by the place. GCE Mobile is the next closest but I'm not sure if I want to drive my POV or my truck/trailer (depending on the situation) that far every time I take time off. If River Falls would let me park at their facility, it would be a much easier decision.

Congratulations on your continued success with them. Post as often or as little as you like. Just know you have several readers cheering for you and wishing you the best.

blade and RERM Thank this.
  11. jerseysown

jerseysown Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Firespock, will you please break down your wkly hard cost for us when you get a chance!?! I'm close to doing a L/P thru DB Kustoms, and I'm trying to get as much insight as possible before signing on the dotted line. Thanks for any help.....

RERM Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.