Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Live06

Live06 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Mississippi
    If there's a db Truck that's already at a terminal that you want try calling the terminal manager or a dispatcher. They will probably give you a heads up on it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. R.Hagar

R.Hagar Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Search Google... Look for reveiws. Do your homework before jumping in.

Live06 Thanks this.
  4. Blue4ever

Blue4ever Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Chucktown, SC
    The email I received from them said they have a gold/platinum warranty on their trucks.

5. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Some have a engine warranty... Some. But it's only on hard parts.
    Anyone tells you it has anything about a warranty, make them put it in writing. What it covers, who did the work, how long it's good for.. And best of all. Where it can be repaired.

Blue4ever Thanks this.
  6. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    A lot of the trucks have a warranty on the engine, Trans, and/or rear ends. You will have to ask what is covered. The warranties they do have are good at Peterbilt or Kenworth and Cummins or Cat, depending which you have. Plus for the first couple months DB will honor most anything on the truck. Keep in mind it's a used truck, so inspect it.

7. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    I disagree with you on that.. My supposedly drive line warranty went out three weeks after I got the truck.. Come to find out, I never had one. Was told peterbilt did all the work.. Now I have paperwork where peterbilt did the engine and another shop put new bearings and seals in the Trans and rears.
    Anyone says anything about warranty, ask for the paperwork on what was done, and everything I posted.. And have it in writing and signed and dated.

8. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    Oh yeah, I agree with you there - ask questions first and get a print out for each warranty. That's how I know I have 13 months left on my motor. And nothing left on the tranny and pumpkins. Plus I found the Mack dealer by my house honors the warranty on my Cummins :D

R.Hagar Thanks this.
  9. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Wish you guys well and good luck.. I turned in my bucket of bolts and bought my own.
    Also went back to pulling reefer for 74% plus all the fuel and extras...

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Let me guess Not enough money for the bs...?

11. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Makes no sense paying 5 years on a truck that is already falling apart... Add that to the fact qc takes way to much... Not smart business. I'm already booked on a West coast run at 2.00 mile plus 30 cents a mile in fuel surcharge.

kimbosa, scythe08 and RERM Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.