Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Well written.. I started with QC 3 months ago and is also running a DB truck... everything that you have said it really true. To be honest it's hard to get the truth about a company from some guys but you nail it. It's true qc doesnt want the truck back.. it's up to the driver to run his business. Some of the things that I've heard over and over from several guys is the reason a lot of drivers aren't making it is because they're not business minded.

They make a nice check and want to go home for extended period of time and spend it up. Some have drinking problems. If you run out of a terminal that you feel isn't benificial to you... it is true you can move to another terminal

Thanks for this post. Very honest post. Once I have been with QC for 6 months I was going to try put something together like a update of my experience.
    I couldn't have posted a better post.

Loke and Rix43 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    Rock on @KC406 , If you need anything let me know. If you have issues or problems - reach out immediately for help, and do not wait til things explode. :)

4. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    I must say since I read this post is I have sat at a tank wash here for that long because #1 my doing... delivering a load a 2:30 in the a.m... the tank wash was about an hour away from where a delivered. Dispatcher didn't get in the office until 6:30 so by the time I had 4 hrs to run that day once I got to the tank was. There were other tanks getting washed out before me. I checked in.. now heres were it gets good since the trailer was loaded with latex some of the product harder inside therfore needing a scrub which they call it hand job. Drivers know that takes hours on hours to do. So I felt like by the time it was all said and done I had did a 34.

Now by the time the tank was actually ready to go into the wash bay I had started my 10... it took about 12hrs to do the hand job cleaning the inside of the trailer from front to back... that 2hrs by the time they were finch dispatch had left for the day(night time) I wasn't getting dispatched until the tank wash was finished doing there thing.. and I didn't want to run as night even if they got finished earlier enough to get me a load so by the time dispatchers got in the next morning and got me a load I had a 34.

Ill say this other then that situation I've never had to sit at a tank wash over 4hrs. Some time you get right in and out way before the 4hrs. You have to take into consideration that there are other tanks getting washed out before you and then yours have to get washed out.

Loke and Rix43 Thank this.
  5. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    That's the plan. So far so good.

For the other guys.....
    There is a lot of potential to make real good money. I could of made a 6k check last week but couldn't go to Cali but still brought home a nice check.

6. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    @Rix43
    I've seen you a few times at Imtt.

Nice looking truck

7. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    Being an o/o is what you make of it

8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Rix43, please keep us updated, I too live in Chicagoland and have been thinking for some time QC could be a better choice for me than running containers (though I'd probably have to change trucks again, as mine is not a midroof, hence my interest in DB Customs). However, right now, making 2-3k a week and home everyday, the numbers don't justify me leaving home all week and making the change....

Do you have to run 2 weeks or more out in order to make money???....Like it or not, not all of us want to be out for a month, especially if you make about the same money as you do when going home every night and weekend!!!

But, in order to find all this out without actually going through it, accounts like yours and KC406 are necessary. Thank you for taking the time to type your journey out!!!!

Also, the freight situation is hurting all segments of trucking, so, I would imagine things should pick up next year, and chemical tankers should come back to paying a substantial premium over general freight....

9. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    I own a Truck as nice as your Lease perch from DB. I assure you either they are recruiters or Management. QC told me I would be in the hole when I started and mine you I handed a clear title over for leasing my 379 . I will not lease to a company that say since your truck is paid for..you don't expect much money... I made money at Miller...

10. KC406

KC406 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    To clear things up on my end or just to verify things I am not a recruiter nor deal with management..
    I'm a trucker that's what I do... there's a lot of guys out in the industry that ask questions about a company and are lied to.. I owe Noone a lied .... see my problem is too many people lie for no reason ... people are just trying to get some good honest info. If I experienced or have dealt with a company and a guy ask me about it I'm going to tell him the truth... I was in that position.. I was lied to about a company just so the driver could get a little 1000$.... I'll say this I don't care if a driver drives for QC, prime, duck, or paddle creek... all that matters is the driver gets good honest info to help him make a good decision to be successful... its benificial to him and his family... so when it's all said and done people can take what they like and leave what they don't..

I started out not in the hole because I was told certain things to do.. I know what I can make here at QC and I know others can make what I make and or more... but every driver isn't the same. What works for me may not work you another driver.

If anybody wants to know something... what have you been taught. Ask a question.

stormy379, Loke, Rix43 and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Rix43

Rix43 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2015
    NW of Chicago
    Going west is a gamble, just be careful. The only time I go is if it pays both ways, so I can empty and boogie. That's me though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.