First load with Melton

Discussion in 'Melton' started by CasanovaCruiser, Feb 20, 2016.

1. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Figured I should give an update as I kind of dropped off the grid here.

I'm not going to break the loads down anymore, but when comparing companies that's the brass tax I think we're all trying to figure out so I shared my first few load details. Hopefully that helped you guys.

Put in for home time finally and absolutely no drama to it. Gonna be home tomorrow afternoon exactly as requested.

So far I only had one "bad" week where I only got a $500 paycheck but half the pay period was spent hustling a 2100 mile load, the check from that next week more than made up for it.
    Really can't complain, and overall I feel like I made the right choice coming here. Getting along well with my DM. Only actually talked to her two or three times now but I see that as a good thing. Never had to sit more than a couple hours when waiting for a load but I talk to other drivers who are always complaining about waiting - either I'm lucky or they're just whiners. We'll see in time.

PS - finally set that stupid camera off! It took a hell of a lot too. I was backing into a spot in a hole in the wall truck stop and my drive tires dropped into the Grand Canyon of potholes. Rocked the truck so bad all my #### went flying, I was cussing my ### off screaming about this piece of #### truck stop when I noticed the red light. Never heard anything about it but I'm sure it was funny to watch.

Rollr4872 and Coragran Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jonte

Jonte Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    You're right about waiting. I Always got the next load within 20-30 minutes so far. Haven't had the problems the older guys been talking about. I hope it stays that way. Anyway Good Luck and stay safe driver.

CasanovaCruiser Thanks this.
  4. sprayed150

sprayed150 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale Fl
    its hit or miss depending on the area you are in and how many guys offloaded enarby

i set the ####### off all the time from bumps and all that. sometimes late at night i just press the button and starte really close to the lense on it

Jonte Thanks this.
  5. CasanovaCruiser

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Lmao if enough drivers start doing crap like that they might just have to take them out

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  6. CasanovaCruiser

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I have heard that they get set off in the 660s a lot easier than in the 680s
    Mines never gone off but the one time so far

7. Patronas01

Patronas01 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2014
    California
    Melton is a good company to work for.... Work hard and you 'll always get loads.

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  8. Terry.B

Terry.B Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Jacksonville,Fl
    I can say the same never really sit to long at all unless I unload late in the day it's a great company and yea the camera in the 660 is a lot more sensitive I set mine off all the time but I think no one really cares since it's nothing dangerous when I set it off since it's mostly from pot holes and doing repowers

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  9. Mr huds

Mr huds Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Briggsville AR
    Melton is a good company was there six years before I bought my own truck I grossed 52k my last year there 2014 but I liked my home time and played the system if you like extra days home stay out 4 weeks and always but in to be home on Monday at least half the time they get you mt Friday or get you home late Monday (which puts your return on Saturday) not many loads then I did make it clear I one day off per week out that I would be home a full day for each week never had a problem

10. Rollr4872

Rollr4872 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Are you still with Melton and if so are you still liking it there?

11. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Don’t know if he’s still there, but I’ll respond. I’ve been there almost 3 years now & there a very solid company. Don’t ever sit to long & my average week so far this year is over 2800 miles. Longevity with this company does lead to more pay. With the cpm raises, tarp pay increases, & new bonus pay this year I see no need in looking elsewhere. They’ve always got me home when I requested & my checks are always correct.

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.