Flatbed / Moffett carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Looking 4 flatbed/moffett, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Looking 4 flatbed/moffett

Looking 4 flatbed/moffett Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anyone Know how that uship site works out? it has been a thought in my mind. i saw it on the tv show shipping wars, i must admit though seeing some of the people on there make me scared to try it out. on the other hand I am aware the things they are having people ship are out of the norm.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Jacksonville fl
    i have moffett and princeton. I think you may want to dry run with one before you do it at someones house. I think we have 16 of them I used one two months out of the year for sod delivery

4. Old Salt

Old Salt Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Jacksonville fl
    uship is the flea market of trucking. if you use it we all lose

5. Looking 4 flatbed/moffett

Feb 13, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA

I operated one for 4 years. yeah at first it was difficult, but once you use it day in and day out it becomes second nature. I'm sure going from a forklift to a moffett is like a trucker going from his dry box to a gas tanker. it just takes getting used to.

6. Looking 4 flatbed/moffett

Feb 13, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    ahh, I haven't had serious thought on it, just saw it on tv one night and kind of laughed at it. But was curious about it. i fiddled with the website a little bit and was going to post a bogus ad just to see how it worked but they wanted to much information just to post ad and i only wanted to give a test run... but... I knew if i put on there this is just a test ad no one would respond to it or people would get upset thinking they had a load and found out it was bogus.

7. Looking 4 flatbed/moffett

Feb 13, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yay! I found a company that has flatbeds already, and there willing to buy a moffett and have it mounted to there truck (well its just a bracket mounted on the back of trailer that enables the moffett to mount onto it when need be). and there rates are really good 10-15 deliveries a week 25 mile radius of my location for $125/week, $3 a mile over the 25 mile range. The company found me on here and PM'd. I want to thank all those who have provided me with good advice on here, and apologize to those that I may have upset or offended.

8. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Make sure somebody's insurance covers both the machine from damage and liability.
    Also there is more than a single bracket that holds the machine back there. Lots of weight hanging back there.
    Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.