flooding conditions

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by drvrtech77, May 13, 2015.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If you happen to be coming towards houston and coming down us59 be aware there is flooding occuring near lufkin and porter just north of Houston...the san Jacinto river is expected to be well out of it's banks and the Angelina river near lufkin.

‘Olhand and tucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arkansas

Arkansas Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    LA- Lower Arkansas
    I think there's a lot more rain expected. So it's probably only gonna get worse.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Flash flood watches have been posted for southeast texas from 7pm tonight till 12mid tuesday.

Expecting widespread 1-2" with some area expecting 8-12"

5. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Sunday, May 24.

Flooding continues in Texas. I have some snippets from watching the TV this morning.
    High water rescues in Johnson County..Alvarado, Venus, Cleburne,
    Flooding in Denton County with some swift water rescues.
    Flooding in Irving, Tx , Grand Prairie and Arlington. Some small road closures.
    Flooding in NW Dallas.
    The Blanco River in Austin has reached an all time high. The Blanco River is 7 feet higher than the record set in 1929. Flooded some homes nearby.

The river in San Marcos is rising rapidly.

I would be a little nervous about that construction on I-35 between Waco and Temple. That Salado area may be prone to flooding.

Last night, the Texas DOT had to make an announcement to squash a rumor. The rumor was that the Red River Bridge on I-35 between Gainesville and Thackerville was going to be closed. The DOT said no, that was not going to happen.

And as I sit here at home in DFW, it continues to rain cats and dogs, with no relief until about 6:00 pm as predicted by the Weatherman.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm not working at this time (storm chase season) but as soon as I can get over to Denison, I want to film the Texoma dam discharge. May well run over the spillway in a few days. Haven't seen that in many years.

... according to this it may be at the spill level NOW
    http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/DENI.lakepage.html

It's unusual to see this type of wide-spread flooding in TX/OK where a gulf hurricane coming onshore between Houston and Corpus is not the prime reason

7. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    STexan, that would be interesting to see. If I get off my arse this morning, I may drive over the the Trinity River Levees and take a picture of that.

The media here is saying" Don't worry about those Levees west of Downtown" Eek!

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The 35 bridge at Gainesville is certainly going to be tested over the next few weeks, as well as bridges on the downstream side of Lake Texoma (Red River) if the lake is no longer holding back incoming waters.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    http://www.ntxe-news.com/artman/publish/article_95624.shtml

10. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Any of y'all down there at home and who can.....it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep updating.....couple of us headed outta the keystone today.....ive got DFW drops all day Tues....then the standard on/off 35s......tues nite/wed morn.....from Waco to the Alamo.....thank yall in advance...:)

11. H3R3T1C

H3R3T1C "Question Everything"

Oct 4, 2013
    Car gets swept away at Tapatio in Boerne, TX

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.