Florilli, the Iowa Paycheck/ Workers comp/ unemployment Bandits

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ken McLaren, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Ken McLaren

Ken McLaren Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Not only do they Not reimburse you tolls, Comdata checks used o lumpers, short you on miles and lie telling you have Blue Cross insurance then you get so fake AIG services in MN;

TO: Joseph Cortez Joseph.Cortese@iwd.iowa.gov Division of Workers' Compensation 1000 East Grand Avenue Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
    To whom it concerns,
    I am trying to file two separate workers compensation forms for two separate medical occurrences. My situation is I drive a company truck as a commercial semi driver for; Florilli Transportation LLC The Florilli Corporation 1475 Highway 6 West Liberty, IA 52776 - View Map After your initial interview, three day orientation, DOT physical and drug screen testing you are hired through the following as the proposed said employer; People Lease Corp 210 Wingo Way # 400, Mt Pleasant, South Carolina 29464 This People Lease company where my paychecks come from. I developed a cyst on my back from sitting in the drivers seat for extended periods. It became abscessed and enlarged over a few days prior to my seeking emergency on 05/17/2015. The ER services are located at; St. Francis South 10501 E 91st St S Tulsa, OK 74133 I was told it required surgery after the emergency room treatment. I contacted St Francis referral services. They referred me to; Warren Clinic General Surgery (primary location) 10507 East 91st Street Suite 450 Tulsa, Oklahoma 74136 I scheduled surgery for the next week for the earliest date available, confirmed this with Florilli dispatchers and management. They did not have me return for my surgery so I had to reschedule it again for June 18th, two weeks later. This also caused my medical situation to worsen. I was driving across country with allot of pain and with a dangerous medical condition. Now that I finally received the required surgery corresponding this from day one of my original ER visit I am receiving a runaround by Florilli and People Lease. When I requested workers comp forms to fill out to send to People Lease through Florilli I was given a number to a third party stated as Medcore. I am or am not legally entitled to file this workers comp claim directly to People Lease? When I contacted Lynn, the insurance person for Floriili she refused to send a Workers Comp Form, and instead gave me the third party Medcore phone number after demanding an entire list of the services I received. Again the Medcore, a third party supposedly hired by People Lease wanted all of the medical information on the case and refused to send a Workers Compensation Form from South Carolina. I believe Florilli and People Lease Corp are putting up some type of front attempting to get medical information they are not allowed by law, and stiff-arm my workers comp claim process. My last conversation with Florilli was with Curtis Thayer, the manager. He stated I would not get any claim filed without providing information to the third party Medcore before filling out any Workers Compensation Claim Form.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
    Reason for edit: phone numbers in posts not allowed.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Interesting............

I had a sebaceous cyst on my back once, the doctor lanced it in the office, bandaged it up, and sent me on my way.

truckerlife74 Thanks this.
  4. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    i call bs..
    sounds like someone got a job cause they didn't have medical insurance and quickly made a wc claim on a preexisting condition....
    and now wants to sit home and get a check.....

5. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Sissy,shoulda stuck it with a toothpick, put a dirty napkin on it and cover with duct tape.

Lonesome and Pur48Ted Thank this.
  6. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    How do you gather that?
    And in most states, if a "pre-existing condition" is aggravated by work it is covered by WC.
    But I bet you didn't know that, didja?

7. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I thought it was Blue Cross that was the "fake" insurance......

8. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    My only comment on this guys situation. A cyst is not usually a "workmans comp" type *injury*.

I do have to say People Lease is the devil. I worked for a company who decided to go to People Lease due to the affordable care act. They handle everything. Payroll, work comp, and health insurance. Issue I had with them was their health care records request which I refused to sign ... not because I have health problems, but because it is a breach of privacy.

I conveyed this to the company I worked for and people net. People net would not budge, my company said its hands were tied. People Net would not pay me until I turned in the form, every person I talked to was belligerent and very unhelpful. I wrote "refuse to sign, submitted under duress to receive pay" on the signature line. Submitted it to my company and people lease. Still no pay after 2 pay periods. Quit and filed a complaint with the AZ labor board. My company paid me with a company check for the back pay due.

Guess I should thank them ... finally made the decision to go out on my own because of it.

9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    In my experience, people lease is that last stop before being out of business. I don't know how financially stable Florilli is, but I would not take people lease as a good sign.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.