Florilli Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by FX-4 Man, Sep 3, 2015.

1. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    Not so much as a complaint but a question. Is Florilli good or bad? I've read several reviews but just don't know, can someone out there advise me one way or the other?

Thanks,

Doug

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stratmaster5

stratmaster5 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Okay. I have been with them for over three years now. So if you like 800 or more mile runs. Getting home every other weekend. .2012 or newer trucks, E logs then this company is for you. For more info go to florilli.com

FX-4 Man Thanks this.
  4. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    Okay, but how are they insofaras hiring folks like me with no experience driving tractor-trailers?
    I'm in a Catch 22 situation, I can't get a job because I have no experience, but I can't get experience because no one will hire me without experience.

5. stratmaster5

Apr 8, 2010
    You're kidding right??? If you just got out of trucking school just about every large company will hire you. Swift, Werner, Schneider, J. b.. Hunt, CR England, etc. If you had your CDL for a while call and ask which companies have a refresher course.

FX-4 Man and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  6. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    Nope, not kidding. Most large companies want to send you OTR, my wife's handicapped and I feel the need to be home nightly.
    But, if OTR is what I've gotta do, she says it's okay with her.
    Actually have an application I put in with Celadon, so if the interview I did today with VDOT doesn't pan out, I'm going OTR with Celadon lease purchase.

7. stratmaster5

Apr 8, 2010
    Don't lease whatever you do. There is a thread where a driver using a spread sheet showing you everything you really need to know about leasing. I mean everything! Go to YOU TUBE and put company lease vs. company driver. Its about 22 minutes long and he explains everything while showing you spread sheet so you know what you are up against!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    FX-4 Man Thanks this.
  8. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    I'll check it out, thank you sir. So, still go with Celadon, but as a Company Driver, yes?

9. stratmaster5

Apr 8, 2010
    Where ever you go be a company driver. I have only been driving for 8 years. I went with Covenant Transport because their trainers were company drivers. If the trainers wanted to continue being trainers you had to pass Covenants driving test at end of training. All other companies at the time had Lease driver trainers and all they cared about was that you drove for 10 hours and made them money. My very first company was CRST. All I did for him was make him money and I never backed the truck once. Then when my training with him was over they had me hook up with another rookie like me to team with. No experience except for driving 10 hours lol. So I left.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    FX-4 Man Thanks this.
  10. FX-4 Man

FX-4 Man Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Virginia
    I only watched 11 odd minutes of that Youtube clip, when he got to the part about Road taxes, I'd seen enough. NO lease-purchase for this trucker.
    You got any opinions on Celadon?

11. stratmaster5

Apr 8, 2010
    None really. Don't know anything about them.

FX-4 Man Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.