Frac sand hauling rates

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by jmmaintenancetech, Oct 28, 2014.

1. duckhead

duckhead Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2015
    We have almost came to a dead stop in Pa. Took a rate cut to keep what we had. I figure a lot of guys that leased on here for Pa sand in the last 6 months will be quitting and going somewhere else before long.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Sorry to hear that for you guys. Were you guys just working for smaller outfits? My dads been hauling for Resource Transport out of wysox doing cabot work and they've been working everyday with contracts for the rest of the year. I still see a decent amount of sand cans going up 81/17

4. duckhead

Mar 8, 2015
    At one time we had around 120 to 130 trucks up there (my estimate). Now we may have half that.

5. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    can i ask what company is using the sand? where my pops works is owned by cabot thats why there busy, 1st on the call list. There mainly doing north east pa, nothing really in central/western part of the state. most of the sites are in Susquehanna county

6. duckhead

Mar 8, 2015
    Working through calfrac. Wells for rice, swn, and cnx.

7. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Heck I think they might even be hiring. There located in wysox pa if anyone wants to check them out. Hourly plus load bonus.

Out of those companies I see swn by me the most. 3 pads in my back yard pretty much. Not much flow back or anything really, maybe once or 2x a month a baby bottle will come up but thats all. Cabot still seems to be doing pretty good with PumpCo doing the majority of their fracs around my area

8. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    was told by the owner of a company this past weekend that a few months ago his 120 trucks were averaging $10/mile ,he told me that he has only 60 trucks left hauling for him and the rates are down to $4/mile he runs west texas and eagle ford

duckhead Thanks this.
  9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It's definitely going downhill fast in Pennsylvania. I'm officially done with oilfield work on the east coast.
    The only way I would ever consider getting back into it would be to go back to ND hauling crude. Otherwise I'll stick to my union job in PA

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    TuttleE="STransport, post: 4500932, member: 153446"]Anyone know the names of a few companies doing frac sand in pennsylvania?[/QUOTE]
    Tutle & Tutle, Francis Drilling Fluids..... Everybody seems to be bailing out of sand here in PA because there is no more money in it.. Rates are rock bottom. .

11. Truck Warrior

Truck Warrior Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Rates are decent in west texas, but they are still higher than east texas and south texas, besides the fact there is much less traffic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.