Freight Broker or Dispatching Information

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by KGibbs, Sep 27, 2016.

1. KGibbs

KGibbs Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Good Afternoon
    I am a sister of two owner operator's and I am currently trying to learn how I can become there dispatcher to books loads for them or how I can become a broker after reading most of these blogs it looks like a dispatcher will be easier! I used to drive trucks for the military but after my term I did not get my CDL instead I went to work in HR for the College in my home time. I am now ready to make this a family business and would really appreciate any help you all can provide. How can I book them loads? What are load boards? and what are the best one's to use?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. right2left

right2left Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2016
    freight brokering is when you locate a shipper and set up as a broker with them ( requires a lot of information, and paperwork, insurances etc.) owner operators, if your based in the u.s can use d.a.t load board. that is the best one over there with the highest loads. a load board is basically a place where you can post trucks if your owner operator and post loads if your a broker. and vice versa. you can look for loads as a owner op and look for trucks if your a broker wantkng your freight moved.

d.a.t load board will usually offer you free trial.
    hope this helps.

chozenwoman and scottlav46 Thank this.
  4. KGibbs

KGibbs Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Thank you! It does. I just need a starting point!

5. KGibbs

KGibbs Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Thank you It does I just need a starting point!

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Dispatchers rely on a sales team of people to feed them with loads.

Dispatchers also have to make decisions that are costly at times. And they get to taking a great deal of heat in many ways. Some resort to smoking, drinking or other vices when off work to fight the ... inability to strike back.

And as a dispatcher you have to deal with all kinds of truckers. Some are nasty. You just as soon fire or transfer that lout to another dispatcher.

It's not something for everyone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.