Freight

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Poacher, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    I'm back running team again. Because it's the "best thing" in the "slow freight". We have been getting solo runs pretty much as a team.
    600 miles live unload, 100 miles to the 01 live load, 500 miles to the 90.
    All of these with big windows or lots of time between appointments.
    I'm thinking about going back solo early.
    How are the rest if you doing during the past few weeks? Any advice is appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Walmart DC exit 80 on interstate 95 in Maine, Prime inc. is Walmart dedicated , I delivered Kraft Winchester, Virginia there
    [​IMG]

4. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Hey poacher what division do you run? I run reefer and I've been busy, (aside from my stupid break downs) average runs have been 1100 miles and I never sit

5. Poacher

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    Running reefer as well.
    Before I came back team I running hard. Now I'm getting 34's waiting on loads.

6. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    That's odd, are you asking for a preplan when you drop your load? What happens when you send your ready to reload macro? They say there's nothing?

7. Poacher

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    This morning I sent in the drop trailer, pick up trailer, depart receiver and scanned documents about 5am. Laid down. At 7:30 I get a message that asks if I was unloaded, yes, do you have a trailer, yes, what's your pta, right now.
    Got dispatched on this 400 mile run an hour later.
    Waited all day to get loaded, still at the door.

8. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Do you send the ready to reload macro? If you fill out all the macros correctly they shouldn't be asking you those questions unless the fm is a complete idiot. If anything send a free form saying you're empty and ready for a load

Chucktshoes Thanks this.
  9. Poacher

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    I've never sent in a ready for load macro. Honestly didn't know there was such a thing.

10. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Let your fm know you like to run. When I used to be a fleet manager I got to know which one of my drivers were hard runners and which ones liked to take it easy. Keep in mind your fm has maybe a 100 or so drivers in his or her fleet, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease

11. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Yeah after you send your depart from 90, you have to send the ready to reload otherwise the planner/fm won't know.

What I do is send a friendly free form at my 90 if I'm going to be there a while. I say hi Lance (my fm) I'm getting unloaded, do you guys have a preplan for me yet, thnx

You still have to send your ready to reload macro

Pull down your macro lists and get to know them, they're all pretty self explanatory

Chucktshoes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.