Freightliner with Ultrashift, Transmission error SPN 560 driveline engaged

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by ichudov, Dec 5, 2016.

1. ichudov

ichudov Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Berkeley, IL
    I have a freightliner columbia with ultrashift transmission. I was reading codes today and I found this error code for the transmission: SPN 560 "Transmission Driveline engaged". It seems to indicate that the truck cannot get into neutral, but it does drive fine, for the most part, as far as I can tell. Any idea what kind of gremlins can cause this.

Also what are you supposed to do when stopped at a red light, put the truck in neutral or just sit with your foot on the clutch?

thanks

Attached Files:

Jroldan85 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming
  4. Verdel

Verdel Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    I have never seen ultrashift with clutch pedal. You probably have autoshift/smartshift.
    Ultrashift and Ultrashift Plus have electric motor that is doing the job of the clutch. The 3 pedal autoshift is slower in shifting but is more reliable. If Eaton start making Ultarshift with a regular clutch, it will be the best of them all. Fast shifting and more reliability.

When stopped at red light, simply switch to N. Also they say, you have to use clutch with auto adjustment, but they get very heavy to press when close to the end life. Next time, I will put easy pedal manual adjustment.......a 5 year old kid can press this pedal.....

ichudov Thanks this.
  5. ichudov

ichudov Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Berkeley, IL
    Thank you Verdel!!! I was thinking switching to N was the right idea, but I was not sure, I appreciate your answer a lot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.