Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Cowpie1, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I have been with these folks just shy of 7 years. Been a good experience over that time. A carrier that really watches out for it's people. In the last couple of months, some hiccups have occurred, and this is how FCC take care of things....

Sat for 15 hrs at Kellogg's in Battle Creek, MI waiting to unload 2 months ago. Got $586 in detention.

Sat for 24 hrs a week later at Sturm Foods in Manawa, WI for 24 hrs on a load that was rejected by Sturm, and Conagra could not make a determination on what to do with the load. Finally took it back after sitting 24 hrs waiting on their decision. Got $836 in detention.

Had a F-150 hit a RV that had just passed me, glanced off and tore up the front of my truck. Pickup rolled in ditch, driver critical. Before I had gotten done with KHP on accident writeup, FCC has already notified Northland about situation and started paperwork for my truck (I own it) to be repaired and calculations started on what my average revenue is per day and use that as a measure of how much compensation to me while the truck is down being repaired. Truck was still drivable, so I took a load back up to Fremont to turn in paperwork from accident. Owner of FCC, Mike Herre, was there to meet me and make sure I was ok and make sure that everyone was processing things to make this as easy as possible. We went out and he took a look at the truck.

This is just a snapshot of the overall experience at FCC the last 7 years. Sure, there have been times where I wanted to strangle someone. It is trucking, and dealing with people. People make mistakes. But that is not the nature of this carrier. They have a great customer base that really is great to work with, they watch out for their people, both company and O/O. I would recommend anyone who is in the market for a switch to consider these folks. Dry van and flatbed operation. www.fcc-inc.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Sorry to hear about your truck.

4. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Checking out their website, love to see a recruiter in a tee shirt! Tells me they are probably offering a good deal and don't feel the need to dress it up. Sounds like a real type of place to work.

5. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    yeah, pained me also......

IMG_2637.jpg

bzinger and mp4694330 Thank this.
  6. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Glad You OK!Could be much worse.

7. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I used to see FCC in Cow-lifornia a lot, but when I called them several years ago they said they wouldn't hire out of UT. What's the big deal there? You can always find SOMETHING going in or out

8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Nice to hear about a good company. Have met two of their drivers and both were very happy.

9. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Even thought damage worse, I have had deer strikes that "felt" worse in regards to the bang and shudder. I didn't budge a bit in the lane I was traveling. Almost 5 million miles without a moving vehicle accident. I would prefer to not have it happen again. At least it was a non-preventable on my part. I have to say, though, the Kansas Highway Patrol guys at the scene were some of the best LEO's I have ever seen. Very respectful, not demeaning in any way. Very professional guys that made the whole ordeal a lot easier to deal with. I will never be able to say enough about how they were. Many, many kudos to the KHP folks working this accident.

10. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    The do have a limited hiring area. I can never keep up with what their latest strategy is in that regard. I don't really follow the recruiting stuff. I know they like to have folks in the right lanes so that they can get them home weekly. Since I focus only on the upper midwest, I cannot say how they view things from a 48 state thing in hiring.

11. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    How is the flatbed side

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.