FRESH START WITH TMC.......GOOD IDEA??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by mrgchevyboy19, May 1, 2016.

1. mrgchevyboy19

mrgchevyboy19 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2016
    Hello all, My name is Tony. I reside in south GA. I just signed on with TMC as a new grad driver. Would like to get some feedback from you all in detail if you think this will be a good company for me. Ive done lots of research, just want to hear what you all have to say....pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You say fresh start like a driver that left and is coming back but then say new CDL grad.

4. SAdriver

SAdriver Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    They are a pretty good outfit if you can handle strict rules. TMC takes pride in its equipment and expects the drivers to have it in its best showing at all times.

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Do your best to avoid consuming too much company koolaid. TMC is a beginning. Not the end.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Roadrum, Son, 91B20H8 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Well....it's like if someone from the Soviet union opened a trucking company. Lots of oppressive rules. Lots of people get let go for nonsense. Lots of drama.

Lots of back seat driving via their qualcom. I would recommend Melton or Maverick before TMC.

7. 426yankee

426yankee Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Charlottesville,VA
    Think of TMC as boot camp. When they say they want their truck clean, they mean clean. Inside and out, boot camp clean. It is run by ex-military types and they enforce their rules. Nothing wrong with that, they do tell you upfront what they expect. It's just different from how most of us operate. I keep my truck pretty clean all the time, but I couldn't pass a TMC inspection. Every time you go to the yard, your truck is inspected, if you fail, they put you in time out, literally, out of service for at least a day, after you clean it to their standards. They expect their rules to be followed, just as if you're in the military, again, they tell you up front what they expect so just be aware. Good equipment, good miles, but very serious about how things are done. Good luck and safe travels

8. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Maybe you should have asked for feedback on TMC....before. ...going to work there....hopefully it works for you

9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Listen....flatbedding can be a bit dirty lol. But to play military boot camp with drivers is pure BS. I personally know solid ex military drivers that went to work there and opted to leave. There are a ton of people that work in the operations at TMC that are not ex military.....but like to pretend they are. Maybe they are trying to impress people because Of their shortcomings.

Let me put it to you this way. Many ex military drive out here for other companies without having to put up with crap. You need to find a solid company that pays well, good benefits without all the unecessary drama. You need to make a living for you and your family. No one needs to play pretend military boot camp to drive a truck.

I would look at Maverick, Melton and some others way before TMC.

If TMC wants to play military boot camp trucker time.....that's their thing. I would stay away.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.