Friday 13 story 2006 Volvo Truck, Volvo engine

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Narcis.M, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Narcis.M

Narcis.M Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Quebec

Thank you very much for the idea and help , i will check this tomorrow , as i told you the wastegate and wastegate sensor was changed , hopefully is not the wastegate sensor you talk about and another one as i have no ideea what EPG solenoid is , is the "EXHAUST PRESSURE GOVERNOR" the same thing with "EPG solenoid" ? i see that you mentioned both ,...
    Also which is " the air control line" what is the purpose of the line ?
    P.S , engine is VED12 465 / 2006 , with 2 egr valves on passenger side.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    I know this engine. Sometimes it is the nightmare for mechanix. We change many parts before find what was wrong. Volvo Version-2 is a good truck, but complicated and difficult to diagnose. Volvo wanna save $$$ for dealer's emploiment education and they provide VTT (Volvo tech tool) and VCADs now is just a part of VTT. Idea of VTT is build in assistance and mechanics follow manuals. Sometimes the way to solve the problem is too long.

Narcis.M and dorlia2 Thank this.
  4. Draft Tube

Draft Tube Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Planet Uranus
    Hello,

Same issue with my truck, a 2007 with only 227,000 miles. How did you get warranty to fix this on a 2006 with 400,000 miles, they are declining me any warranty help at all?

Is your truck really 400,000 miles, or is it KM since you're from Canada?

5. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    Do you have locking fuel caps? :biggrin_2559:

6. Trouble65

Trouble65 Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Could the O/P please update us on what is going on?

7. Narcis.M

Narcis.M Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Quebec
    Hello , just to update all this,after 6 month and insane 28.000$ spended on truck I changed : air to air rad,engine ECU,EPG valve,2 EGR valves,6 new injectors,engine head magnafluxed and new valves/valve guides and head gasket ,injector cups and boost sensor, everything done only by Volvo dealers , I am completely without money and my credit is maxed out , I just came from Georgia with 15000 pounds and averaged 5mpg ,this truck is a pure nightmare,I hate Volvo and Volvo dealers are more stupid like donkeys.

Ops85 and Jack Daniel Thank this.
  8. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    Wow! I feel sorry for you. I always thought I made the right choice for myself, by hanging on to my 95' intl. still going strong. I once considered Volvo for their comfort. my $15,000 truck. just had an inframe done approx 1 year ago at 1.3 million miles. will hang on to what I have.

9. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville

I'm guessing you don't have any power either....

I have the same engine & can tell you that there is a quick fix that will only cost you a simple price of $5.00!

BLOCK OFF THE EGR!!!

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/133337-a-quest-for-better-fuel-mileage.html

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  10. The_Judge

The_Judge Light Load Member

May 25, 2008
    Montreal, Quebec
    So sorry to read about such bad story. I imagine what are u passing through. With 28000 $ u could buy another complete engine and still left with some money in your pocket.
    And yes, I have to agree: Volvo shops are the most pathetic shops on North America. I do own a Volvo and when I have to go to the shop I need to take pills.
    They have the most inexperienced mechanics ever and the worst customer care in the industry. They are "milk and honey" till they sell u the truck and after that they dont give a darn on customer.

Jack Daniel Thanks this.
  11. The_Judge

The_Judge Light Load Member

May 25, 2008
    Montreal, Quebec
    REDD, can I block off the EGR to a D16D engine ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.