From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Make sure you write everything off, and you should owe very little, if any.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Hope you get the tax refund or down to a minimal. I started a lease last year and worked as a company driver for half of the year but unfortunately I had to pay but as you stated part of getting your own truck.

4. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Good thing is our tax account has worked with many OO. So knows those ropes well. I go tomorrow to turn in taxes. We shall see how things turn out for 3 months quarterly. Those I don't like at all.

5. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Were are U guys? Long while since last post. Hope Ur on vacation!

6. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Taxes done money in all good. He is doing a 9 stop load in WI ending tomorrow. Bills getting paid. Truck running well. Now have to do quarterly tax yuck.

4mer trucker, popcorn169 and RERM Thank this.
  7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Great read love the story! Hope you the best. Ill keep reading.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Watch yourself on those plant loads later this year, they (nursery) may pull a fast one and charge you if you don't bring back a full trailer of empty racks.
    Happened to me unexpectedly. I won't do them if they want racks back now.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  9. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Yep hubby not over thrilled with nursery run. Easy enough but paperwork and supplier a bit of a pia. He made truck payment in just the stop extra pay. Which is really nice but tolls are a pia too. He is unloading turkeys now then back to MI for a weekend load.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Another day another dollar. Three weeks out running good but with minor mechanical failures. This week its brakes. For some stupid reason they changed one front tire and one brake. Now I am not a mechanic but do know that is a major No. He is locking up even after trying many times to adjust. He was a mechanic so knows the tricks but they not working. Well he will be in shop today to find out if this is their NOP or not. They need to adjust it right.

On good note he is running well, this week so so but you can't have 3,000 and better every week. We just saw one of his highest paychecks ever. Now when he comes in he can have inverter installed. That will save a lot of money and help out here at house. Our freezers are too full from this years butchering.

We already have microwave and cooking grill. All he needs is inverter installed. He prefers stopping now at rest stops because he has our male dog. Now he will be able to do it more since he will be able to cook.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    The extra stop pay adds up on those flower runs

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.