From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Subscribed... Do they accept O/O with their own trucks? Since they're using gliders, I assume they don't have a maximum age on trucks???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Unsure. I'd call and ask

4. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Haven't heard how things are going lately hope all is good for you and your husband.

5. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    He just got off a four day weekend. Had a pickup local and is now taking it back to warehouse in Michigan. From there he getting a twelve stop load to IL of plants. Then he gets his weekend load.

He got his new seats. They are very nice. Seems FL just got these new ones in and hubby is the first time get them. The be red both fabric and faux leather.
    He bought new light as I mentioned a bit back. He really loves them in rain at night. These are not LED nor halogen they are bulb lights with full hooded fixture which makes a big difference.

Carpet in back replaced also it needed it bad. It was original and all greedy. With dog in truck it got to be a major mess. Took care of exhaust in cab too. Had to replace rusted out turbo pipe. No wonder we had exhaust coming in. All in all things going good now. Shop is getting better, the runs are good and paying, truck all broken in.

I am getting bills paid. We have some rough parts but it is working out. Biggest issue will be quarterly tax. We are still living paycheck to paycheck but I hope that will stop soon as I get more caught up. We still have some outstanding bills even wit tax money in. Such is life.

popcorn169 and RERM Thank this.
  6. popcorn169

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Glad to hear he is sticking it out and things are looking better.

7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Hey all update time. No #####ing this time. LoL Everything going good no major issues. Miles got a bit scare but truck had repairs. Nothing major but it takes time. Hubby got to help another lesee in company by picking up his truck and trailer. Since hubby truck was in to get new stuff they got him a ride with another lesee. It made hubby really like his truck and the way it's setup.

He had been talking about switching his gears out for better fuel mileage. That idea went out the door fast when he saw it made so little difference there but a huge one in pulling the mountains. He rather have the pull power.

Oh one thing company has gone to all recaps to try and save money. I have to laugh because it will be more tire changes than less. We shall see how long this lasts. Hubby still not in People Net right. They don't have someone trained right in that and there is a dozen or more drivers not correctly in computer. There so called Peoplenet employee is just coasting along till he retires. So nothing is getting done but person is getting #####ed at by dispatches.

mxpx148, Wickedfire77 and Bumper Thank this.
  8. popcorn169

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Was wondering if he was still with them. Thank you for the update. Recaps are hit or miss would rather have the virgin tire myself.

9. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Was wondering what happened to you. Thanks for the update

10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Wow time flies. We were talking and realized that in two years truck would be paid off. I am going back to work as a pro pet groomer and training a new groomer who is starting a home shop. This was just dropped in my lap but is needed now. It will help us out alot in catching up and getting ahead. At this point we are making plans for many things about to happen one of which is truck paid off. More time at home then if all goes well. But need t9 get threw next few months lots of big Bill's coming up.

11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Just seen the "new" trucks that they got 2012 midroof columbia's times must be tough for them cheapest junk you could buy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.