Front end shakes and bouncing??

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Jerzy, Feb 24, 2013.

1. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    The centering sleeves work well, i had a problem with the hubs not being machined exactly concentric found this out with a dial indicator. Mounted 3 centering sleeves on each steer hub and vibration went away. Had to fight with kw to get hubs replaced under warranty. As this was happening on a new trk less than 2 wks old.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reddragon

reddragon Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2015
    I have a question, I have a 2008 kenworth t-660 and I just replaced spring bushing, drag link,steering u-joint,front shocks and put two new steer tires,and got it aligned so now we can't figure out what the he'll is causing it to bounce like crazy only after I hit the brakes going about 35mph and up like when I'm coming up to a light or going to exit the freeway, can anybody help me?

4. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Should have started a new post but: Sounds like your drums are off center on the hubs. Saw some 4300 IHC's like that which had clearance between the small hole in drum and flange on hub. Ordered new drums from IH by serial number and had same problem. Tightened slack adjusters while rotating tire to find tightest area in rotation and tightened adjusters fully. Loosened and tightened lugs, adjusted brakes, no tight spot and no vibration with brake application. Ran into that again years later on a White GMC.

5. RHODES

RHODES Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Knoxville, Maryland
    CHECK FOR BENT WHEEL! Went through the same thing and that's what is was, between 55 and 60mph.

6. RHODES

RHODES Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Knoxville, Maryland
    Check for a bent rim! Went through the same thing and that is all it was, unless you have the equal balance in your tires which can cause a problem as well.

7. Jerzy

Jerzy Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2012
    New jersey
    I started this thread way back 2013 but I don't think I ever stated the problem.It was a bent rim. Now I have a newer truck and front shaking. I can see I have bad front spring bushings. Ever time I turn it makes a popping sound. IDK it's always something. Good luck !

8. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Type in what's wrong with your truck into the search bar and a mechanics you tube video on how to fix it should pop up . That's how I play car mechanic fixing my car. If nothing comes up try duck duck go search. I get more results their

9. Roly

Roly Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Good afternoon im a local driver i drive a 1999 international i had a bouncing feel in my truck use to do between 35 and 55 had bf Goodridge on there change for some Chinese tires infront continues the bouncing change all 8 tires in the back and it continues boucing does anyone have an idea what it could be....all shocks have been replaced front tire where cut an balanced and still boucing ..someone please help

10. cptdragn

cptdragn Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    South Ala
    have them look at your drive line. mine was doing the same but between 54-62 mph. new shocks, bushings, tires, all wheel alignment, nothing seemed to help. took it to a repair shop that uses a motor that spins the tire up to highway speed " on the truck " tires were fine. turns out I had a slight warp in the drive-line itself. had that trued back out and problem solved. you can check this on your own ( with a helper ) by chocking the front wheels and lifting one set of tires up at a time. use the truck to spin the tires while someone else watches the tires for any out of balance, shaking, etc. you can also see if the drive line is shaking. ( this is how I found my problem )

NOTE: this shouldn't need to be said but DO NOT try this with your interlock engaged.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.