Frustrating Idle Cutoff

Discussion in 'Swift' started by madmoneymike5, Apr 17, 2012.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Good to hear. My first company truck was a 09 l/o truck and it would do 70 easily.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TDS40

TDS40 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    Payson, UT
    I spent 5 hours at freightliner on Friday.

The idle shutdown is now disabled. And I had that annoying Progressive Shifting disabled as well.

I also ask that the max horse power be turned up to maximum...I was disappointed to find out my software will only allow 475hp and 1650 ft-lbs torque?? I guess I might need the ECU flashed by an aftermarket mechanic because the DD15 is capable of 560HP and 1850 ft-lbs torque.

scottied67 and NoBluffBuff Thank this.
  4. TDS40

TDS40 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    Payson, UT
    Well,... before driving a Cascadia.... this was the most comfortable truck I've had.

work truck.jpg

scottied67 and NoBluffBuff Thank this.
  5. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Noob question here... will the shop disable the idle timer for those of us who run a CPAP all night? I don't want to get up after a 10 and find my truck won't start.

6. TDS40

TDS40 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    Payson, UT
    a shop will only disable the timer if you own the truck or if its authorized through the people that own it. As far as your other question I don't know?

7. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Most of the trucks have an idle over ride function. You just have to learn the combination on the model truck you are assigned. Some you just use the cruise switch, others you tap the brake pedal or the clutch. Then you can idle as long as you need to.

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    That is not true anymore.

There are many companies that their trucks WILL NOT idle. I had one that died during a train crossing.

9. TDS40

TDS40 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    Payson, UT
    Yep, you're right! call freightliner and ask they will tell you there is no way to override the shutdown timer it must be disabled by them in the computer

10. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    This is so absurd it's hilarious. These rate gutting companies are probably shooting themselves in the foot and will eventually have to resort to even more outlandish ways to offset the bargain basement rates.

11. TDS40

TDS40 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    Payson, UT
    My truck has a PTO... After having the engine shut off 3 times while unloading I said enough is enough... Now it's disabled.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.