Fuel Economy Scams

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dice1, Apr 28, 2012.

1. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Only thing you can really do on that is trust your mechanic based on what he has seen.

I used to think I had to put additives in the oil to get back to what the pre-epa stuff was. Yet cannot verify it nor have heard or a motor burned up for not doing so. CAT still says not to add anything other than good clean oil so I stopped the additive. Would imagine the 2 cycle would be the same thing & more so trusting the mechanic who has torn down motors for the last 20 years.

Nominating you to be the independent guinea pig on this. :biggrin_25525:

I like the theory of MB/polish, but want to hear/see more results long term. Thinking it was close to $1,000 +/- to do three axles on a tractor, though have not priced bearings from the local parts house.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Please Delete

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    magnets on the fuel line.

magnets attract metal. what metal is there in fuel?

5. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yes it was. Stayed away from the other thread because 2 people testing it have no results and seems like many that have no experience are pounding on this. Should be shut down. All it takes is a couple people with an agenda and a lot of time.

6. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Well if I go by you and all the other people that feel I had not gains it would be the simple placebo effect. Right? Or is it only something that KR is paid to promote that does not have the Placebo effect.

New rear ends and transmissions will be in better shape and have reduced friction without blue. But these little details have not place in a discussion.

7. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Like I said, I don't see where there would be an issue in running without it, but see no harm in running it.

8. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I piddle in Bio fuel and renewable fuel alternatives, the misnomer of Bio fuel quality is a set standard. If you purchase Bio fuel anywhere in the United States the fuel must meet ANSI Biofuels Standards, the manufacturers of fuel have already resolved the lubrication issues with any ultra low sulfur diesel.

The difference between off road dyed diesel and on road diesel? The dye and the taxes, it is all supplied via the same pipeline but died at the terminal for distribution.

9. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    If that is true then how do so many truckers get water in their fuel if standards are so high?

10. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    Poor storage at the truckstops.

11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Condensation, where did you find water in your fuel from Bio Diesel?

Names of such location and when did you purchase it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.