Fuel mileage

Discussion in 'TMC' started by BulletProof, Dec 21, 2015.

1. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Looking at the old TMC 379s they have for sale again. Anyone care to share what they averaged for fuel mileage?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    @Gunner75

There's a few tmc drivers here

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    My trainers 379 averaged 6.5 with a c6 cat,13 speed and 3.55 gears.

My 388 was an isx 15, 9 speed, 3.55 gears and i averaged 6.4 over my time there

BulletProof Thanks this.
  5. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Thank you. What do you mean c6 cat? 6NZ? I thought they only ran the C-15?

6. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    C15 correct. 13 speed. I think mine was just over 6 but it depended where you ran also.

BulletProof Thanks this.
  7. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Sadly, that's still better than my cascadia. If I'm going to get bad fuel mileage anyway, I might as well be doing it in a Pete. The only thing that worries me with these old TMC trucks is when I called about them a year or 2 ago, they would give me no maintenance reports or even the last time the oil was changed. The only paper work they would give is if it had an in-frame done then they would give you the paperwork for that. They said theyou didn't want to be held liable for anything even after I told them I would be happy to sign something saying that I understand that the truck is my responsibility. However, I have talked to a few small fleetown owners who bought trucks from TMC sight-unseen and haven't had the first bit of trouble.

8. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I have heard that also. I was talking with a driver who's company bought three this year. He had nothing bad to say. I will say anytime mine went into the shop the issues were taken care of. I think you will take the same chance buying any used truck. I would buy one from them but I'm looking for a w9. Talk about low fuel mileage.

9. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I should have bought the 379 a year ago when I bought the cascadia. Sure there are some bad ones in the bunch but that's true with any used truck. I haven't had any major issues with cascadia but I could just have easily bought this cascadia and it could have blown up the next day. This poor thing only averages 5.2 pulling a van empty half the time and loaded with 10k pounds the other half with no idling. The Pete is what I'm comfortable in. I like the narrow cab. But, I bought this cascadia trying to do the "smart" thing and save on fuel. I should have just went with the Pete in the first place.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.