full background check on TWIC -FAST aplication

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by newbtr1, Oct 9, 2015.

1. newbtr1

newbtr1 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    Does the government do a full background check, like do they check all tax returns, and business licences
    or
    do they just check if you have a criminal record, fingerprint you and you are on your way

I want to apply for a FAST card that is similar to a TWIC card but after applying and paying the $50 they tell me I have to bring all of this( they don't put this requirements BEFORE you apply and pay the $50 very sneaky)

• Evidence of employment or financial support. Examples are your most recent year's tax return, pay receipt, or direct deposit salary statement. Self-employed applicant must present business license, current tax information and bank statement

Should I just forget about the card, I may have some problems supplying them with some of my small business info. I'm stuck

A Fast card will enable me to get a better trucking job where I live.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    For TWIC I feel pretty sure they DO NOT look at financials, credit, federal/state tax records, or past business connections. I think it's purely a criminal and military check. Their website spells it all out pretty good what will disqualify individuals from obtaining a TWIC card. I do not remember anything related to past employment or self-employment information being wanted in the application process.

I can't say what the FAST card system is somehow wanting to verify employment history. I'm not familiar with the FAST card system.

4. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    If you are not a terrorist then don't worry

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    GenericUserName and pattyj Thank this.
  5. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    FAST is for border crossing between the US and Canada, streamlines to process for those who frequently cross.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    They don't do a full background check, it is one that looks at your criminal records, some of your licensing activities and so on, it seems they are looking to find something abnormal or out of the ordinary. IF you have something to hide, I would worry about some employers who will do a full background check, they can use a service that does a full investigation - I know, I am one who does exactly this for every applicant who passes the MVR/company checks.

wis bang Thanks this.
  7. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    When I filled out my FAST application, they wanted full disclosure of addresses, employment history for 10 years, etc.

Of course, I don't want a FAST card (company made me apply) so when they called to set up an interview, I just ignored them.

Footloose and FAST free since 2008.

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  8. Constantine1212

Constantine1212 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2023
    If I have TWiC card do I need FAST card?

9. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    TWIC is for ports. FAST is for border crossings. It will help if your job has you crossing into Canada or Mexico a lot at the FAST border crossings, otherwise probably not necessary. A passport will get you across the border just fine, or would before the covid mania anyway.

FAST border crossings

lual Thanks this.
  10. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    TWIC is for ports, airports, refineries and similar 'sensitive' places.

FAST card is for frequent border crossings without dragging your passport along.

lual Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.