Ganley Chevrolet Aurora, OH

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by MrBill103, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MrBill103

MrBill103 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    Headed to Ganley Chevrolet in Aurora, OH and was just wandering if anyone here has been there and if you pulled into the lot or unloaded along the road. Oh, also I haven't been to OH for a long time, do they still have the split speed limit on the turnpike?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    No split speed limit.

Think I unloaded on the road there, but its a good idea to call ahead and ask where they want you unloading.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  4. MrBill103

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    Thanks for the comeback, looking on google earth it looks like the lot would be tricky to maneuver. Glad to hear the speed limit isn't split, I always thought it was so unnecessary.

5. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    What company are you driving for? New vehicles? From where?
    Just curious...

6. MrBill103

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    I work for Central Pa Auto Auction out of Lock Haven, PA. They (Ganley) come here often to get vehicles at the auction and we deliver for them. This is my first trip there, my usual gig is the local guy (2 hour radius) but the one 9 car guy is on vacation this week so I get to take this load.

SLANT6 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  7. MrBill103

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    Well, that trip went smooth as could be. Just the way I like it!

Pullin2 and SLANT6 Thank this.
  8. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Calling ahead makes life A LOT easier. I always ask:

Where I need to park to unload
    Where I need to park the cars
    Who I need to see for a signature and/or check

Even that doesn't completely keep you out of situations but at least if you get some idiot that gives you wrong instructions you can push the blame on that person so you don't look like the idiot lol

Had some secretary tell me to pull in and unload right in front of showroom and when I got there I immediately was met by salesmen yelling at me that I pulled in the wrong entrance and there was no turnaround. My response: Well you need to inform your secretary that she is giving transporters wrong instructions, and now you guys get to stop traffic for me while I back out, or better yet make her get out there and do it.

They made her do it lol

9. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Ganley Volkswagen in North Olmsted has very specific hours to unload week days only. Additionally, everything
    has to be unloaded in a specific spot so the cameras can pick up what you are doing. Have been told they require you to reload & unload in front of the camera if you try to avoid it. Personally, would park the cars through the window of the showroom at that point, but just mentioning it.

10. MrBill103

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    That's good advice an d funny ### hell

truckon and Terry270 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.