Gas hauling

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Lwood53, May 2, 2016.

1. Lwood53

Lwood53 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Do anybody know of any info on Reliable Tank lines out of winston salem, nc

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Nope but have you hauled fuel before? Thats what I do currently. Easiest job I ever had

4. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Nope This will be my first gas job, got a interview in the morning. Just curious of what to expect. Applying for a day shift 4 on 3 off

5. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Sooo easy and keeps you close to home. Most companies bottom load these days but we have a few top loading plants here in AK. Hook up to trailer plug in your overlow and Ground protection (Optics) Go to reciever. Open man holes and hook up hoses. Let er rip. 9,600 gallon trailer dumps in less than 20 minutes.

Lwood53 Thanks this.
  6. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Appreciate it. Yea hoping I get the job trying to get off the road. About how long should the process taje to get hired

7. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Geez i dont know we do things a little redneck here in Alaska. I already had all background checks so that speeds thinks up. Honestly you will enjoy it. Its safe too dont let people scare you. Gas is dangerous so careful breathing it. Make sure you always use vapor recovery hoses for your own safety. Diesels no biggie i rarely hook it up

Lwood53 Thanks this.
  8. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    so the loading and unloading process aren't hard to learn?

9. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Noooo a monkey can do it. 99% of the time youre dumping either full comparments or full trailers. So dont have to worry about retain in compartments. Loading on bottom load you hook up the arm. Plug into optics system. Punch into machine type of fuel you want and quantity. Hit start and thats it. You can't theoretically overfill unless your optics are bad in trailer or you bypass it.

Top loading is simple but stinky. Get on top and put arm in and just visually load to top. Almost guarantee its bottom load. Like I said its pretty redneck here in Alaska. ONLY DANGEROUS thing can be loading diesel into a previous loaded gas compartment. I work for a small operation and doubt you will top load.

Lwood53 Thanks this.
  10. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    thank you for the info l! Feel a lot better now. Ready to get started hopefully. Their a common carrier so I guess it will be back and forth to different gas stations

11. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Your most difficult part is getting into high traffic gas stations. ####### people forget youre there to fill them up and dont want to move. Good thing is the gas station attendants are ####### and dont care so just honk your horn. Let us now how it goes. Also most gas stations literally can tell you % wise how full they are. So if you have a 9600 gallon 4 compartment trailer and you show up you might be able to only drop 3 compartments.

Lwood53 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.