gemini transport ( Loves tanker yanker) need info

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jons1powerwagon, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Hanzerik

Hanzerik Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Fixed it for ya :biggrin_25525:
    Excited to be joining the team Jynxx. Was kind of surprised to hear back from the Reg Manager a day after the Interview.

And I'm glad they are bringing me on; will be nice to have some type of normality to life. The Oilfield is good money, but can be hard on family/social life. Never knowing when or where you'll need to be from day to day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    Jynxx,
    That location on loves.com is no longer there. But thanks for the information.

4. kubotaorange76

kubotaorange76 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    how many loads a day to average 2-260 a day?

5. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    If you can survive OTR with a family/social life. Then I am sure you or anyone can do the Blackgold life!! :biggrin_2559:

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
  7. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Never been an OTR driver. Retired from the Military and went straight into the Oilfield running water tankers, frac tanks/heaters, and propane. Now I'm down in Denver training with one of this locations Gemini drivers and getting carded to pull loads from the different terminals down here. Then back up to Cheyenne for more training and to get carded to pull loads from the terminal up there. Left my Oilfield job last Monday and started training for Gemini on that Friday.

When I first started driving in the Oilfields it was all local to Cheyenne, but then things slowed down and I started having to go over to the other side of the state to work days at a time. At least with Gemini its all local/regional and ill be home every night unless I get stuck over near Wamsutter due to weather.

8. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Nice to have you on the team! I'm sure its going to be an adventure. lol

9. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming

This really depends. The further the run the more money to be made. One load can earn you that. Two loads from denver to cheyenne will earn you that as well.

10. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Did two Cheyennes out of Denver yesterday.
    Bennett/Hudson/Cheyenne out of Denver today.

I like it much better in the wee hours of the morning...less traffic around Denver. Could have sliced off about a half hour today if I wasn't pulling my hair out trying to figure why I couldn't get B5 at Suncor...until I remembered what bay I was in (2). Unhooked, did a lap, had to wait a few, then pulled into the bay 4 LOL.

11. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming

LOL I've done that one a few times myself. I ran a load all the way out to North Platte last night. First time running a load out there for me. Its about a nine hour turn around but is nothing like running Wamsutter. No mountains to deal with. Set cruise control and sit back and relax. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.