gemini transport ( Loves tanker yanker) need info

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jons1powerwagon, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    The hiring process has been refined quite a bit in the past year or so. It used to take them near three months to get someone hired. Now they are using a different company to do the background checks so its quite a bit quicker. It can be difficult to get on with Gemini. They are strict about driving record, criminal history and credit. All those things are checked by an outside company. The process from the beginning of my checks to being offered a position was about 14 days if I remember correctly. The overall process is similar to most other places. Interview, all the background checks, drug test, employment offer, mountains of new hire paperwork.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I can't say for sure but I do know that they are hiring drivers all over due to expansion.

4. hamboner

hamboner Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    West TN
    I appreciate the info! I don't have any experience, but my credit and all the other background stuff is fine. Now I guess the thing to do is complete school and apply and see what happens! Sure would be nice to get a decent job and be home vs. going otr for a couple years.

5. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    It is nice being home every day and on your days off. Put in an app when you finish school and hopefully you will get lucky like I did. Its been an awesome experience for me and I am thankful they have given me the opportunity.

hamboner Thanks this.
  6. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    hey Jynxx if you know or not, do every store require you to share a truck?? and this doesn't matter but out of pure curiosity what are you guys trucks set at?

7. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    The stores don't have say in the policies and procedures of Gemini. The Love's stores are customers of ours. Yes its all Love's at the corporate level but Gemini isn't any part of the stores except for delivery of fuel. Yes all trucks are slip seat 12 hour shifts. The trucks here run 70mph but in other locations they are set at 65mph. Depends on where you work out of and how far away the stores are that you deliver to. We have two stores that are a ways out so our trucks here run 70.

8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Cool, im looking at the Virginia location... are your trucks Autos??

9. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    There are a few auto's in the fleet but only a handful. Most all the trucks are 10's and some are 13's. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

10. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    cool... think i'm about to apply now!!!

11. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Give it a shot driver and let us know how it goes! Fuel hauling with Gemini has been good to me and I can't see doing much of anything else right now. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.