gemini transport ( Loves tanker yanker) need info

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jons1powerwagon, Sep 11, 2009.

1. dirty d

dirty d Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2012
    upstate sc
    Hey fellas. Im new to the boards here but ive been lurking around for a while just reading what you guys talk about. Im looking at getting out of the freight business and ive always been curious about fuel hauling. And from what i understand hauling for the truck stops is the cream of the crop. Loves is taking aps for their blacksburg SC location and i was considering applying but i had a couple of questions. Do they run out of the truck stop or do they park their trucks somewhere else? I live about an hour from their blacksburg store so that might be a deal breaker. Pilot flying j isnt currently hiring anywhere close to me but i was also wondering if they would be a better or worse choice when/if they do start hiring. Thanks in advance for any advice or comments you may have for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Hello Dirty D and welcome to the forums! Hopefully I can answer a couple of your questions here. Gemini/Loves sometimes parks the trucks at the store and sometimes not. It really depends on the location and where the other stores are that they service. Up here in Cheyenne we keep the two trucks we have at the store but down in Denver, they keep the trucks at a yard. Whether you decide to go with Love's or Pilot/Flying J, I don't think you would go wrong with either. Pilot/Flying J are paid hourly and Love's pays by load. Depending on the area you are in, I'm sure that they are close to one another in pay. With Love's the more efficient you get and the better you are able to manage your time, the more money you make because you are able to run your loads quicker. If you figure your loads pay you 250.00 for a shift and you run them in ten hours then you made 25.00 an hour for yourself. Compared to making 21.00 or 23.00 per hour working hourly. Both have their benefits and draw backs. Good luck and I hope that helps answer some of your questions.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  4. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    They have an opening out here about 30 mins from me..Im going to apply.

I seriously like working the docks, and I dont like driving too much. I'm sick, i know

5. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Where are you located and are you looking for a position with Love's there?

6. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
  7. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    That's in my region. If I'm not mistaken, that's where our regional manager was a driver out of. Have you applied for the position yet? Do you have any tanker experience and do you have your endorsements such as doubles/triples, tankers and hazmat? May be able to help you a little with the process.

8. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    No i just checked after reading your posts on here. I have all endorsements. Ive been running doubles for conway for like 9 months. I run donner every night..uggh.

Ex marine with combat deployments to Iraq/Afghanistan. spotless credit(750+), no criminal record, no speeding tickets or accidents.

9. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Are you seriously interested in this position? If so, I'm sure I can help you get an interview.

10. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    Indeed man, shoot me a PM and lets talk!

11. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    PM has been sent

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.