General Lee CB Radio

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by BTShepp, Sep 24, 2016.

1. BTShepp

BTShepp Blue Demon

Oct 31, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Kelly fixed the heat sink in minutes! More to come…

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    Geez man that's pretty scary!!!

4. BTShepp

BTShepp Blue Demon

Oct 31, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah I was shocked! Fortunately it is an easy fix. He won't charge for it because it took him a minute to straighten out. Otherwise I would have filed an insurance claim. It came with $50 insurance.

5. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    Still this is aggravation that you don't need lucky the casing itself wasn't bent.

Makes you wonder wth do they do with our stuff!!!

6. BTShepp

BTShepp Blue Demon

Oct 31, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Good point. It must take a lot of force to bend a hefty metal heat sink through a box and bubble wrap!

7. BTShepp

BTShepp Blue Demon

Oct 31, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    You'll think I'm crazy but I did pay the price he asked for it. The only reason I did is because we had been in communication for a few months and finally I was able to make a trip to him. He had been very accommodating to my schedule even when I ended up showing up later. I didn't want to go to his home and start arguing over a fair price. I also wanted to see if I had a good shop local to me. Of course it turns out I did not. I will never buy another radio like that for nearly what he asks for. I don't even know if I would buy another radio from him again anyway. Fortunately, Kelly Poots restored it for about the same price he does on any normal to alignment. In fact, it should be arriving at my house on Tuesday.

8. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Seeing the sink was so badly bend would make me wonder what else inside got shook up/broken/bent ect..

9. BTShepp

BTShepp Blue Demon

Oct 31, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    According to Kelly, nothing, surprisingly. But yeah.... I don't expect them to pamper the radio, but how the heck did they bend that???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.