Getting caught illegal...

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Grumppy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 900,000-tons-of-steel

900,000-tons-of-steel Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 900,000-tons-of-steel

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida
    I'd like to see your warning letter. I was always under the impression, as per the FCC, the agency had to witness illegal behavior before it can act. Don't get me wrong, I understand complaints can and do get followed up upon but the FCC can't simply take a civilian's word unless your letter states exactly that...that the agency received a complaint about you and is simply following up on the complaint and outlining the letter of the law as pertains to the alleged complaint. Can you snap a pic of your letter and post it? Much obliged.

4. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    As long as you're not pushing 'ain't got no panties' thru a sweet 16 on a gov freq. Is there anything to worry about?

Ougigoug Thanks this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    Well I had seen enforcement actions listed in on the arrl website and in magazine, but this is the first actual letter I've seen

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I guess it could be worse it could be a letter of forfeiture. My ex wife was pulling lots of strings and trying to push as many buttons as she could trying to get me in trouble with various agencies trying to get custody of my kids at the time but everything backfired on her and all I had to do was call the Fcc and tell them what I had in my vehicle and that was the end of it.

8. 900,000-tons-of-steel

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida
    Wow. Thank you. It's amazing what a vindictive ex can manage. I remember similar letters way back in the day. Had no idea they were still popping them out. Thanks for the update. Always helps when we know what the agency is doing.

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Any agency can be used as a weapon by a vindictive person

Bout Z and Ougigoug Thank this.
  10. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Or getting on 10 Meters.

It is really a sad thing when spouses, after professing love for each other "forever", turn on each other and use anything they can to hurt the other partner. The worst of it is, when they use the kids as pawns and as a weapon with which to beat the other person over the head. Sadder still, the vengeful partner forgets that, short of real abuse or neglect, these kids are NOT going to stop loving their Daddy or Mommy, and tirades against one or the other only hurts the kids, NOT the other parent. Indeed, it may backfire and create a resentment against the hateful parent who is seeking to hurt the other on the part of the kids. Its so unfair when kids get caught in the middle as the often do.

It is also really low when someone "sics" an agency such as FCC on someone IF they aren't doing anything. OTH, the law's the law and CBers often stretch that law just a bit.;) Its unlikely one will get caught using a 100 watt amp, or talking "skip". Its when one really draws attention to himself with excessive power, splattering, misbehavior that the Fed responds to complaints. And they WILL if they get them. So keep a low profile, don't splatter with "peaked and tuned" radios (an unnecessary mod performed and promoted by dealers so they can get $$$), and stay ON the 40 channels. There's no need for "extra channels" or 'special" channels for truckers ONLY: there's plenty with the allotted 40, and going onto these outside frequencies will only attract attention. And the hams will raise heck if you get on 10 meters!:eek:o_O:oops:

rabbiporkchop and Cottonmouth85 Thank this.
  11. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    It's all about respect and moderation. I've got a 'big gun' 10 meter freeband transceiver that'll kick out 400w on SB. Honestly, it's a piece of truck jewelry.... Can I walk over your cobra? Yup
    Do I? Nope. Radio Rambo's not my thing.

mike5511, Ougigoug and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.