Getting CDL permit in Arkansas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by MrDudeMan, May 6, 2016.

1. MrDudeMan

MrDudeMan Bobtail Member

May 6, 2016
    I've had my permit before but couldn't renew or extend it because the state troopers office told me about marks and how one could be put on me for it. What are these marks and can they really put one on me when I never even got in a truck? Also, I had one company call me and it was fedex as a driver apprentice are they a good company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ?

Ok Neighbor.

CDL just very recently undergone a twisted upgrade in Arkansas where you need documents for your identity beyond just a birth certificate.

There are two tiers to a CDL here in Arkansas. Tier One is ordinary Interstate Commerce trucking OTR, Ordinary Trucking strictly in state only. These two need a valid medical card at all times. If you do not have that medical card and exam with that CDL within the last 6 months you are essentially out of your freedom. There are two other classes within that Tier one, I think referring to Farm use and other things like Circus. I once witnessed a Carnival Flatbed Ride being hauled by a International Transtar Tractor from 1972 driven by a very scared and excited 8 year old sitting on a stack of books executing a downshift on one of the northbound mountain pulls on 81. I figured the 8 year old was doing a good job and no problems.

Tier two... this is where I came in.

No medical card in sight. Meaning physically or medically disabled that is my.classification for a long time since I stopped OTR and Local trucking.

Pay attention here, Tier Two is a very special designation. Should we, as a Nation get hit.. say by a nuclear attack against DC for example by Iran launching off a Freighter in the Chesapeake, the Tier Two license class for your grandfathered CDL will allow you to be called up by Uncle Sam and assigned a reefer running in high range hauling potentially a hundred and change of dead bodies for burial/cremation/further processing and disposal.

Since reefers for hauling dead bodies are the same as those hauling food items, such as steak and potentially mobbed by tens of thousands of hungry zombies I don't want that CDL anymore.

Now... after all of that, I get to the Learners Permit. Let's get a load of this, I kid you not.

I had a learners permit. When I was 19 my parents believed in ####ing me over and the State told them to back off and issued me the license while I was still in the Deaf High School. I eventually got a regular Car license without too much trouble. Prior to graduation.

Now...

Tired of flipping burgers, I went to trucking school. 4 months later, I turned in my Learners Permit Class A (This is around 1988 give or take a few months in the summer time. This is 2016 and I guess you can call it 30 years. maybe a little less.) 1988 was prior to the Clinton NAFTA which was 1994.

Im going to tell you that Canada and Mexico made a killing. Trump intends to hit them with 40% Tariff against them in the Border.

When I moved to Arkansas to make my future with the wife no one said anything about anything between both states unless it contained information regarding your voter registration card. Make sure you close the old state and move your voter card to the new state.

Picking up a CDL and everything associated with it was some of the easiest things I ever did in life. And will do so again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.