giant eagle talon logistics

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cwoolridge, Oct 8, 2015.

1. cwoolridge

cwoolridge Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    If you like micro-management, cameras looking at you while driving,extreme lack of respect and feels they know more about driving than you do even though none of the management team has ever driven a commercial vehicle or has a CDL, A company that wants you to hurry up, but slow down at the same time, they will write you up or terminate you for speeding while also write you up or terminate you for going to slow!!! Believe me,you DON'T WANT TO WORK HERE, you can make more money and be appreciated somewhere much better!!!! Yeah, their union, but like most unions, their in the companies pockets, NOT WORTH IT!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Where might said company be located, pray tell?

4. cwoolridge

Oct 8, 2015
    Bedford hts, ohio it's a superb of cleveland

5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    .... Dumb you down and then put some heat on you
    This is a tactic some companies will try on their driving force
    They will try to comform your thinking so they can have the nervous Nelly driver jump their hoops & such
    Is it any wonder that a union has been voted in?
    .... I wouldn't drive for a company that puts a little creepy camera staring at me all the time
    And that's just another form of their manipulation
    The name of company is also pretty stupid

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Thank You.

7. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    I believe their top rate in the Pittsburgh facility is $25+/hr, not bad for a home every day job with no touch power jack freight delivering to grocery stores. I have noticed in recent years that they seem to be running harder. And I'm also aware that it take YEARS to get top scale, so the job definitely has its drawbacks. I was also unaware of the cameras in their trucks, my company backhauls at a lot of mutual places and I see Talon drivers all of the time. I'll ask them about the camera thing.

Anyone else want to chime in about Talon/Giant Eagle?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. cwoolridge

Oct 8, 2015
    Yeah, like I said 15 years and was only at 19.67 hr....they have cameras in a couple tractors now and will be installing in all of them soon, before I left one of the mechanics told me they already have all of them their just waiting for the go ahead from fleet Mgr to install.like I said, I'm sure that their is worse out their, but they are not a career job, at least not anymore, the micro-management and extremely bad morale kills it.Like most companies out their, they would rather bring in lower paying employees and wean out the bigger money makers.

9. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Pretty much all the larger fleets are installing cameras in their trucks, or planning to. Only way to avoid cameras in the future may be to get your own truck.

At the company I work for, the camera will only activate in the event of a hard break or hard turn.

These actually helped us out in an incident down in Atlanta. A guy in an old pickup truck was ahead of one of our drivers and his hood flew off which caused our driver to hard break and an accident ensued. The guy tried to sue our company but our lawyer played the camera footage in court and the judge tossed the case.

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  10. cwoolridge

Oct 8, 2015
    It's a beautiful thing if that's what they used it for, but the first week they were installed into the couple tractors they put it in they wrote numerous guys up for stupid ####, like eating, or on the phone just stupid stuff that they initially said it wouldn't be for.

11. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've heard people call Cleveland "the armpit of Ohio".

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.