Glendale Community College Truck Driver Training Course

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by truckerdaddy24, May 25, 2010.

1. JerrytAZ

JerrytAZ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Grats TD!! :occasion5: Finally eh? Probably a good thing to put off the work until next month. You can get everyone settled in before you leave.

JerryT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel_Smurf

Diesel_Smurf ~Trucker's Wife~

Dec 18, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

Just got back from being on the road with my hubby and have been reading up on your post. Sounds like you went through kinda the same kind of training my hubby did 12 years ago. His training was 4 months 4 days a week. through NEI Truck Driver Training. But they have since gone out of business :( sad though, CONGRATS ON GRADUATING AND ON THE NEW BABY BOY!!!!! ENJOY LIFE DARLIN!!!!!

truckerdaddy24 Thanks this.
  4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Congrat's The kids is what its all about. Just remember that delivering a load is not the goal. The goal is to get back home to the wife and kids safe and sound.

Always keep the goal in mind. Never put the truck, the load, the dispatcher ahead of those precious kids. And remember you always have the choice, always.

Dont miss those special days, plan them in ahead make make sure right from the start the order planner knows your priority. Its your life grab it by the horns and hang on now....

5. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Ok I have opted out of the deal with the O/O because the dude just expects to much of a rookie(run illegal for the first thing), I'm taking the sure thing and going with Prime:biggrin_25523: I have done loads of research both here and others on the internet and find that they fit ME(very important) :biggrin_2559: the best, I head out on 8/2/10 to Springfield Mo. to Orientation for the 2-3 days there and then in with a trainer and off we go.

I appreciate all of you who have been so kind to me here on the Forum that we are Bother and Sisters, this is a big step for me but after not having much steady work for a long time, I had to make a decision, I am somewhat religious and I am being directed in this, I ask that you keep the prayers going up as I start this new career and Life, I am going for it all, I'm not going to miss out on anything(legal) out there on the road, I am a business man and host to become a business owner in this as well, What that may be is yet to come but we will see.

I'm leaving behind my very loving and very very supportive wife(get to work:biggrin_25523:) and family, My mother lives with us as well and she is suportive, I have the best in-laws anyone can dream of having who are very supportive and kind to both my wife and I, I will be in communication with all of them as often as possible, My 4 children whom I love very dearly will be missing me as I will miss them, We just had a very special and precious baby boy who is doing very very well, He is 2 weeks old and already with some regularity holding his head up... His older sister who will be 2 in October is my "Princess" and my little sweetheart she is a good girl and has adjusted well to her younger brother well, Then there is her older brother the next in the chain is my premie who weighed 4.6 pounds and arrived 6 weeks early at birth, He will be 5 in February I remember him in the hospital when he was born "I prayed he would make it thru the night" He eats more then his older brother and is a breath of fresh air to me and his mother he is very mellow till his older brother makes him mad, Speaking of the "Man of the house(while I'm gone)" he is going into the second grade and is a A and B student, He is a good big brother to all these younger brothers and his sister and will help his mother out with whatever she needs, He is(III) named after me(Jr) and his grand dad(Sr).

I look forward to starting a new thread soon about my adventures. Keep in touch with me, email me here james605s@hotmail.com :biggrin_25526:or if you have my phone number call me, If it is safe for me to answer it I will. I look forward to getting going!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  6. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2010
    scottsdale, AZ
    Good luck and Godspeed.

I am curious. What was your criteria for choosing Prime over one of the Arizona based carriers? Also, after wrapping up at GCC did trucking companies find you or did you have to find them.

Wishing you all the best. Please keep posting if you can

7. truckerdaddy24

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Jimmy P I went after them, I was accepted at Stevens, CRST, Crete, FFE, Werner, Schneider, and a few flat bedders, My criteria was that they have the very least of complaints here, I have read on here for months, If I were you I'd go over every thread both good and bad about the companies you may want to go with, I read about all of these mentioned, I also investigated some not listed on here, companies that you see driving down the road, I also answered a few Craiglists ads that asked for experience, I also went to the truck stops and talked to the drivers, The guys making the rubber meet the road day in and day out. I spke with n less then 10 Prime drivers all from fresh ut on their virgin solo run to guys with 10+ years with them and not a single one had anything bad to say, I'd even ask "What is the bad stuff about Prime? They would say this or that but the complaints were very miner stuff. I will tell you this, They made my offer that I could accept or reject on 7/6 My baby boy was born on 7/17 and then my wife had complications, I rescheduled 3 times my orientation from 7/19 to 7/26 to 8/4 This really impressed me that they cared enough to allow me the time to make sure things are good here at home. I would highly suggest that you do your homework on any company that you think may fit your process, See my family knows that I will be gone 6-8 weeks this first trip but then I may be in my own truck when I come home. Ask me anything you want to I will try to answer it. Thanks.

8. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    This is to let you know that Trey David is now employed at New Prime here in Springfield ,MO as a company driver!

He had sent me an email last week wanting to meet me and ask a few questions so we met Tuesday and went to Shoneys for a 3 hour cup of coffee!

Anyway after talking I took him back to the motel and I just talked to him 15:15 hours as I knew he should have been done with orientation which he was and he's now waiting for his trainers truck to get out of the shop! His computer is having an issue so he's unable to get on line to give you all his report but he will as soon as he gets it figured unless his trainer is on line and I would expect you to hear from his own fingers how he's doing and if living in a rolling closet is worth it!
    I am glad to know that some newbies take advice and go to a community college instead of throwing away good money at driver mills and doing something worse and going into slavery known as company schools!

Good Luck
    Rollover

Big Don, difference-maker and JerrytAZ Thank this.
  9. JerrytAZ

JerrytAZ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Great news Rollover! Let TD know that we are glad for him. I talked and emailed with him a bit, and so I am starting class on the 16th at Glendale Comm College.
    Keep us up to date on how its going. I'll be putting in app's myself soon. :biggrin_25525:

Thanks
    JerryT

10. truckerdaddy24

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Hello all you fine folks, Here I am!!!! :biggrin_25514: I have been on the road with one trainer, and that didn't work out, so I am on another trainers truck, I have been all over the place and am headed now from Fl. to Albq. Nm. With flowers, I still feel this was the best choice for me, This trainer is a L/O and I am grill him on that, I will try and get my laptop fixed and then get in here when I can. I wish you all well. TD.

difference-maker and Big Don Thank this.
  11. difference-maker

difference-maker Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Glad to see your back and hope all works out with the new trainer. Keep us posted when you can. Soak it all in and ask lots of questions. You will do fine once you are on your own. Have a great weekend.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.