Goal of eating well

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by texasbbqbest, Jul 5, 2015.

1. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    I don't think I will have any trouble eating healthy when I get my own truck because I'm getting sick of eating fast food/junk here in training! It's bad for my stomach too!

I will definitely be eating healthy solo!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    I avoid eating during my 14, if I do I eat raw veggies while I drive. Then after i am done with my day, I'd eat an MRE. I keep a cooler and lunchbox oven, usually if I have time, I'd make myself a steak with steamed vegetables.

tlalokay and texasbbqbest Thank this.
  4. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think 3 medium-sized nutritious meals are still the staple of a healthy diet/lifestyle; combined with light snacking in-between, supplementing and excercise.

Dieting is a delicate and custom thing to me. Our bodies work different and respond to things differently.

Longarm and texasbbqbest Thank this.
  5. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    I went thru this one time LOL
    I lost my mind and said fug it and ATE ALMOST NOTHING BUT BOLONEY AND CHEESE ON WHEAT FOR THREE MONTHS as the main course!!!!
    #### you not. No mayo and no condiments at all!!!
    I had Hershey plain chocolate bars for sugar rushes and would eat rasinbran for breakfast with slim milk.
    I would have the occasional fruit cup or apple juice and that was it for 3 months straight.
    No soda. NO condiments. Nothing else.
    I lost close to 4 pant sizes. Felt like a new man. Went from size 40 to 36! It was a great feeling!!!!

I finally broke down and had a truck stop diner bacon cheese burger one night and was sick the next day. It was way to heavy on my stomach and I couldn't move after eating it. It was horrible.
    It took me weeks to get back into eating garbage with out having stomach aches.

I realized my body reacted very well when I cut out all garbage and processed foods. And ate clean food. Light and small portions and did not eat till I couldnt move.
    I am tempted to try this again one day but it was hard to stick with when everytime I went in the truck stop I found/saw food I wanted. It looks good to the eye but the stomach does not feel the same after you eat it.

Good luck with eating right.

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  6. Chasing dollars

Chasing dollars Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Colorado
    Right now I have a zojrushi rice maker. It has a steam basket in the top.
    During my 30 minute break in I put brown rice water ssg or pork chops or chicken in with seasoning and water. Then about 1 hour before I stop for the day I hit the start button.
    For breakfast it's usually some fruit and nuts. And cup of coffee. And always have nuts and fruit of some kind above my head for snacks while driving. And 3-4 bottles of water.
    When I first came back out driving I just ate whatever and gained probably 15 extra pounds I didn't need added already in just 2 months. It goes on fast but twice as hard to get rid of.
    I refuse the microwave cause it kills the vitamin nutrition you would get from the veggies. I just put in my ricer the last 5 minutes so they are not soggy.
    I can cook almost anything. I just don't have the slow cooker option on mine (I wish) to slow cook like roast, soup, etc...crock pot style. But I can boil eggs,potatos and make hot water. And the lid snaps shut so no spilling while driving.
    Sorry for the long post. Just see so many obese drivers ( myself included) just I'm doing something about it. And I use a 10 cup version so I always have left over for the next day.
    Next I'm going to see if I can poach some eggs on the quick rice function. Gets hot fast! Just can't get a spatula in there might have to modify (bend) one.

Enough rambling for now.

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  7. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Eating Healthy aint easy: Recent Study on the analyzing the blood work of a women whom died at the age of 115 years.

What was found, her white blood cells had only 2 stem cells that were left working. It's believed, her white blood cells is what allowed her to attain her older age.

What was learned by this: Beta Glucans can strengthen the white blood cells. Eat your Oatmeal....ahhh, but use a low glycemic sweeteners (sample: honey) vs. simple table sugar.

Other areas of concern: the gelling of red blood cells (eat ur fruit).
    Over active methionine cycle (sulphur depletion) thru high protein & high carb diets. (eat ur vegetables)

Chasing dollars Thanks this.
  8. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    All that will make you die old. Meat will make you die happy. Make peace with the inevitable and enjoy it while you're here.

The Mariachi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.