Going back trucking with PTL

Discussion in 'PTL' started by rcd127, Dec 29, 2013.

1. rcd127

rcd127 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    As I understand what he was saying is pick up the load take it to NC then pickup the other trailer and get with FM to repower. He was saying to take it as far as I can, there will not be a different PP.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    417 miles today.

Sitting at the Love's in Max Meadows, VA, my fuel stop. This is the place where I had my "incident". I definitely parked where no one can get in front of me this time.

4. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    got it...i misread

5. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    386 miles today.Got the 44k lbs of new good batteries unloaded and got reloaded with 42k lbs of old batteries heading for the smelter to be reused. I really hate these heavy loads my MPG goes in the crapper.Spoke with my FM this morning. Apparently all of NY state except for NYC are NOT considered the NE US. So I got to deliver this load. It is scheduled for 2230 tomorrow I will go in early to see if I can get it done early. I am sitting at the WV welcome rest stop on I81 about 300 miles from where I will deliver.Got a call today from the people I used to contract for doing PLC programming asking my availability. I told them 2 weeks min notice. He said he would get back to me tomorrow with possible work. Sure would like some of that it pays a helluva lot better than truck driving.

6. EggoTrucker

EggoTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Maybe better than PTL truck driving, or company truck driver

7. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    446 miles yesterday.

Got to the receiver at 1700 for a 2230 appt. They took me in about 1800. They don't let PTL bump their dock they make us drop in the yard and the yard jockey does it which is fine with me.

Got my next PP doing the exact same loads. Got tot the shipper last night in Topton, PA did my 10. Now sitting in a door being loaded.

8. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    341 miles today. Running on recap.

Finally got loaded around 1030 and stopped at a rest area on I81.

FM says he will try and find a swap for me in NC so I can make it home on Saturday as requested. I'm not holding my breath.

9. Oliver Margetin

Oliver Margetin Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2014
    How do you hit a light pole in a walmart parking lot? You weren't paying attention. Don put comments like that on here, people are going to rag the #### out of you. You had better stick with computers!

10. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    498 miles today.

Made my delivery and pickup in Winston-Salem, NC. Sope with FM about hometime and he said he could not find a swap.

Sitting at the TA in Greencastle, PA for the night.

Sent FM a message (He had already gone home) saying I resign my position and give my 2 weeks notice. I had just got a confirmation email that the company I have contracted with before needs me back. I hope I can get out of working another 2 weeks. The pay on the other job is just to good. I do want to keep the option of coming back here in the future. Don't want to burn any bridges.

11. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    307 miles today.

Spoke with FM this morning. He tried to get this load swapped no dice. I actually got a call from a planner today. She asked If I would deliver this load then pickup in W. Haven, CT and drop it in Fairless Hills, PA (it is going to Miami) then pickup another load going to MS and I drop that IN Murray, KY and turn in my truck. I agreed even though it is the NE.

Made the delivey of my old batteries to the Smelter. Stopped at the CT welcome center for the night it was getting dark.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.