Going back trucking with USA Trucking.

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by rcd127, Apr 29, 2015.

1. rcd127

rcd127 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    I am going to orientation on Monday 5/4. I have over a year's experience but have a few incidents on my record. I tried to go back to PTL but they said no.

So far what info I am getting from USA sounds good. They are paying me more than the starting CPM because of my experience. The recruiter says I get $100 for 2 day orientation in W. Memphis, AR. she said I will get $150 from my DM after my first dispatch. I will be eligible for $5000 sign on bonus paid out every 10,000 miles.

I am a PLC programmer and drive a truck when I can't find any work in that field.

I am scheduled to arrive on Sunday a 2:30AM. fun fun.

I will try and log my thought s and progress.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    they say this and say that...but noting in writing...but if that ur only choice then you'll have to take their word....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Good luck ! Keep us posted.

rcd127 Thanks this.
  5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Would USA trucking "go back on their word"?

6. mlt003

mlt003 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    bluffton, south carolina
    I was in the same situation a year ago, had an incident in a parking lot, and USA truck was the only company to hire me, I got a 2500 sign on bonus, they kept their word, and I am still with them, you get your pre plan before you deliver, always know where you are headed after you empty, I have been doing this for 16 years, and really enjoy this new USA Truck, I average 2600 miles a week, and get home every 3 weeks, or I could go back to every 2 weeks home. They have been good to me, I was having bad problems with my freightliner, and they put me in a new 2016 pro star, not bad!

7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    MORE POWER TO YOU, It looks as though you are being treated very well in every which way possible.

God bless you and your family! God bless the U.S.A.!

mlt003 Thanks this.
  8. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    It's Sunday sitting in my hotel waiting for orientation to start tomorrow. What a trip to get here. I arrived in W.Memphis, AR about 3 AM at the Days Inn. The lady says she has no rooms available. She also tells me that I am supposed to be at the Ramada Inn for the orientation people. She calls over there and they also have no rooms. I end up waiting till 11AM to get into a room and finally get some sleep. I also called my recruiter as she promised to get me lunch today and of course she did not answer nor return my call. Well the only bright spot so far is the front desk lady gave me a single room.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  9. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    Orientation completed today. I am still not cleared to go on the road. they are waiting for my drug test results. I also have to go out with a trainer for 2 weeks because I failed the back it into the hole test. I tapped one of the trailers. That's OK I know I need more backing practice.

There were 6 people in the class and only one got a truck today.

Let's see how long this takes.

10. rcd127

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    Today is Thursday. I got a call finally that my drug screen cleared. I now have to wait for a trainer to call me and come and pick me up.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO

What can we ( TTR ) help with? It's not okay tapping trailers brother while at a company.
    Can we provide any assistance ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.