Going in to take down the 72oz

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by orangepicker, Jan 18, 2014.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    You want the best steak in the world go to Florence Italy and have a 5 kilo Florentine steak. It only comes one way RARE and is cooked on a grill with 3 feet tall flames coming off it.

The waiter was not going to sell it to me until my Italian Girlfriend agreed to eat it with me because he said there was no way one man could eat it.

I proved him wrong.And believe it or not was not feeling like i was going to die after eating all that meat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm fat and can't even eat a 16oz steak. I go for 1/2 and rice/vegetables and eat the rest the next day. I could not even come remotely close to eating 5.5 kilo (11 pound) steak. I don't know how you guys do it lol.

4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida

You have to skip the rice and all the other fillers they feed you before the meat.In Florence there is no fillers just a big Steak. 11 lbs cooks down to about 7 I think. It was delicious. All Rib eye . So tender and tasty if his or her mom walked by I would have eaten her too.

Kindle Thanks this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I couldn't even finish that salad, I had to leave room for the 14 ounce steak on it's way.

The bartender said Molly was there for a couple of days before the challenge and was eating a lot, like 18 pancakes and other stuff.

[video=youtube_share;WUU58hzPiXc]http://youtu.be/WUU58hzPiXc[/video]

6. Arkansas

Arkansas Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    LA- Lower Arkansas
    Three 72 oz steaks. That can't be healthy.

7. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    What ........ no steak sauce

8. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    A rib eye, my favorite! I still could only dent such big steak but hey steak leftovers work just fine with me. And now I want a steak thanks Tommy, none in the fridge. I KNEW I should have gotten one Saturday when I went shopping.

9. browndawg

browndawg Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Rock Island, IL
    He had salad tooo

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I would hate to be Molly's roto-rooter service guy...what goes in, must come out.

browndawg Thanks this.
  11. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I keep thinking of that scene in the great outdoors where John Candy gets home after eating "the old 96er" and his buddy takes a look at the raccoon-scattered garbage.."look at all the maggots on that meat!".... And the 96er gets up chucked lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.