Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Once I drop this CT load off Sunday morning I have two preplans for 1200 miles by Tuesday morning. I hope I make good time because that seems a little optimistic on their part.

jayfish Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I was able to make it. Ended up over on my logs by 10 minutes to do it though. If traffic weren't so bad from D.C. All the way to Richmond I would have been fine.

bigred81 Thanks this.
  4. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    If? I live here, the 95 streets is always under construction and always backed up!

5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Had me re power a load off the yard in Charlotte. Has a flat tire that won't go above 40 psi, one is mounted backwards so I can't check it, and two had 120 and 130 psi in them. This load has been sitting there for 3 days and the other driver didn't write it up so it could have been fixed in that time. What a douche.

6. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I felt the lumper too far in the trailer for the 27000 pounds that should be left. I went to the dock to check and he told me they had mixed the freight up. He is having to break down pallets and separate the freight. This could take awhile. I am supposed to be at the final in an hour and they are 2 hours away. Not happening.

7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    They rejected 100 cases and I have to run those over to ABF before I can go to my next load. my office said they would throw me some extra money for all the BS.

8. boiseburb

boiseburb Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Hey Misesian,

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that you like to run around 9 hours a day to avoid having to reset your 70 hour clock. Do you still run that way or have you changed tactics?

Thanks for the thread, I enjoy reading it!

9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Common in the summer when a trlr tire is aired up to 100 psi up north and taken down south to such as Yuma, AZ, as I did once, they will read 130 to 140 psi and in my case one 'popped' in the Swift trailer shop parking lot there, which the tire guy said happened all the time!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  10. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I try to do it that way but this time out it hasn't worked out that way. I have had several 10+ hour days with some shorter days mixed in. It still worked out though. Having some shorter days allowed me some good recaps coming back as well as not burning my 70 too fast where I would have a big zero.
    I hate having to do resets on the road. I try and get around it as best I can. Only 1800 miles needed to hit 10k this month.

boiseburb Thanks this.
  11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Nice, I just came off of taking 7 days off. I'm sitting at 8700 miles for the month so far, I got a modified student (Has experience) I'm picking up tomorrow. He should be on my truck a week or two, he lives in the same area I do so he will be home every other day. Hardest part I'm told by some guys getting off my truck is getting used to going full OTR when they leave my truck, when running a student my run is 2 days on 2 days off on avg. We run 3100 to 3700 a week.

Anyways hit me up Mesesian you ever get a load up this way again. Wish we could of had more of a chat then we did last time in passing. Be safe out there broski. Let us know how your student holds up and ill let ya know on mine. =)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.