Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Going on 200 ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I feel he has a good on the basics finally. Just got to smooth him out. His right turns and stopping are a big problem. I think it boils down to not looking far enough ahead.

4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Tonight he scraped my bumper and has yellow on it now. I yelled stop but not fast enough.

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Lol

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

That shud be reported as an 'incident,' as you still have ultimate responsibility for the truck!

And if any more such, his career in trucking could be over...

NOTE: As I read years ago, 60% of new CDL's are out of the industry within the first 9 mos....combo of OTR hardships etc. but also too many incidents/accidents starting out!

Some may be 'bad luck' getting into difficult situations, but much is that some are not cut out to be truckers!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I have noticed in the current batch of drivers there seems to be little to no inheairent knowlage of how to handle a truck, it seems to be now adays you are trying to take someone who really has little to no skill with a truck and trying to teach them a skill set that dont come at least a little bit natural to them.

Its kind of like trying to teach a rocket sci to be a truck driver, why he has the inteligence level for it, its not a skill set that comes naturally to him and would take a while to teach. And even then he may never grasp it as someone who has a "nack" for the job.

8. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Fajo and Misesian

I never thought to ask until now, how are you paid as a trainer? Do you get paid for the miles your trainee drives, or a flat rate?

Obviously it has to be better pay than driving without a trainee, but by how much?

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    100$ a week extra flat then they also pay you for all miles the truck runs. So if you get a trainee thats "modified" aka experienced. Then you can rack up some mighty nice paychecks.

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Just finished reading this rather long yet very interesting thread. Seems to have been whittled down to just a few knight folks at this point but I would like to continue to follow it so I am dropping a note so I can continue to follow it.

Been looking strongly at Knight and recently moved to NC so working out of their Charlotte terminal would be awesome. I filled out some web info last week and it said someone would call me but nothing yet.

What would you guys suggest be my next move? Thanks.

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID

You could just give them a call, they just moved all recruiting to phx here a few months back so its been some what chaotic for people getting ahold of them.

As I tell anyone my experience so far has been it is what you make it. :) be safe and have a good day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.