Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Its a QualComm MPC 50, I'm one of the few that have them because my truck gives the Zonar the ..|.. -_- ..|.. as for being able to get one that is unlikely.

The reason they don't use them is because Knight loves the control the Zonar gives them on the company side. It tracks everything, Even rates the driver on how he drives, corners and idles. It also lets them pull the entire fleet up and see how the truck is running at even givin time. On the Drivers side of things, That tablet is a P.O.S. as simple as that.

Edit.
    I also love that I have no little pips to scan.. ;) Just put in my normal macros after I do my pretrip.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    MO to London, KY wasn't a bad drive. I don't get over here too often. Unloading and will get part of the way towards my next pickup. Short day tomorrow. The preplan picks and delivers in one day for 280 miles.

4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    My next load is from here in Boise, ID. Over to Shawny, KS. One of the few receivers Inhave not been to yet. So looking forword to something new.

5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Ol' boy threw down yesterday refusing to go to the northeast. I reported the load going to NJ in the morning. Easy 500 miles for me. After I had the shop replace a flat on the trailer.

6. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    In TX now. Hanging out until Monday when I deliver at 0300. Supposed to get a service Monday but I got here soon enough that they were able to do it all.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Nice, I'm back in Boise, ID. For the weekend doing some wrench turning on the truck at my house ill be back out Monday maybe headed your way.

8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    3 trailers in a row I have had to call a road repair on to have a tire replaced. Two were flats that wouldn't hold air and this one today was a totally bald tire; no tread depth at all. Good thing it isn't my money.

Fajo Thanks this.
  9. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I lucked out and got on a dedicated thing for the next two weeks. I went to grab an empty and it has a flat. I put air in it and the valve stem is bad; leaking it all out. Knight is good to me and they gave me an extra pay for all the BS but it's still extremely annoying this keeps happening.

10. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Are they still inspecting incoming tractor/trailers at the terminals? "Suppose" to cut down on the trlr tire problems!

11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Bad tires and MT hunts. Two huge annoyances at Knight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.