Going to Roehel reefer school at end of August

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bfennell, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    Got my CDL permit and 90 day med card. (sleep apnea results needed). Going to be going to Roehl in Appleton Wi. Any advice? Leaning towards reefer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    That's awesome, man. Best of luck to you.

4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Congrats! Appleton is a pretty nice terminal. Clean and quiet, should be a good learning environment (I went to marshfield).

Just curious, why reefer? Probably nothing wrong with reefer national, but stay away from the dairy land fleet regional fleet. There are many dedicated fleets worth looking into. Ask the recruiter about them once you get going. Good luck and enjoy, roehl is a great starter company.

5. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    Not wanting flatbed, I worked in shipping at a steel processing plant. Not interested in being out in the crappy weather putting on tarps. And reefer pays better than dry as I understand it.

6. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Personally, I will always choose reefer instead of van. Becouse you can haul dry goods, frozen goods, or temp controlled hm goods. So, you will never sit. But it requires you to sleep in some crazy loud noise and sweeping it is a ##### too. I never hauld dry and I never will. Honestly I think those new Apus are loauder than the reefer itself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.