Good CB Shops

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by godskidz, May 17, 2008.

1. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Josh ....

BECAUSE I'm not allowed to repair radios because i work for a goverment agency I can tell the truth which many really don't want to hear.
    I want the best for people who spend hard earned money only to have a untrained HACK damage what they worked so hard to buy.

People by nature want MORE that the radio comes with .... more power more modulation more channels ..... You know the old saying

" He who dies with the most radios wins "

The LAW ....

Sec. 95.425 May I make any changes to my CB station transmitter?

(a) You must not make or have any one else make any internal
    modification to your CB transmitter.
    (b) Internal modification does not include:
    (1) Repair or servicing of a CB station transmitter (see CB Rule 24,
    Sec. 95.424); or
    (2) Changing plug-in modules which were certificated as part of your
    CB transmitter.
    (c) You must not operate a CB transmitter which has been modified by
    anyone in any way, including modification to operate on unauthorized
    frequencies or with illegal power. (See CB Rules 9 and 11, Secs. 95.409
    and 95.411.)

Sec. 95.424 (CB Rule 24) How do I have my CB station transmitter serviced?
    (b) You are responsible for the proper operation of the station at
    all times
    and are expected to provide for observations, servicing and
    maintenance as often as may be necessary to ensure proper operation. You
    must have all internal repairs or internal adjustments to your CB
    transmitter made in accordance with the Technical Regulations (see
    subpart E). The internal repairs or internal adjustments should be
    performed by or under the immediate supervision and responsibility of a person certified as technically qualified to perform transmitter maintenance and repair duties in the private land mobile services and fixed services by an organization or committee representative of users in those services.

A HOLDER OF A GROL ....... is NOT required .....

The shop is not YOU are again he has nothing to lose but will happly take your money .....

A GROL LICENSE

rabbiporkchop and bored silly Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    You know for a while I was repairing radios but it seems that people do not want a radio repaired properly.

Tuned to 4 watts, 100 percent modulation. Rx tuned to .5.

Seems they just perfer a hack.

4. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Yep more and more ...... :biggrin_25513:

5. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    Sad isn't it? It really amazes me how bad some people want their radios to sound.

6. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    A friend of mine had a galaxy 99v. It didn't work. He stopped by several cb shops and tried to get it fixed. No one wanted to fix it. They said he has to get a new board installed which was estimated about the price of the radio when it was new. He said he was going to throw it away. I asked him to give it to me if he don't want it. He said, "it yours." I made a couple phone calls to some long time drivers in the area. They told me to take it to striklins at the old TA in Atlanta. I took it there and he wanted $20 before I even talked to him. I was hesitant but I gave the man $20 and he took the cover off and explained each part to me and ran some tests to see what all was wrong. He said he could fix it for $100 and garanteed it to never break again. He said he spent 7 hours on it soldering all the parts that were known to break and he made some fine adjustments on it. Anyhow, I've had this radio in the roughests rides and never had a problem with it. I still use it today. The TA is now closed and I don't know where to this guy moved to but his handle is Strick o leen or something like that. If anyone knows where this guy is now. I'm sure he will do ya right. If anyone does know the whereabouts, how about letting the rest of us know.

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Hummmm ......

INTERESTING :biggrin_25513:

8. Cher1080

Cher1080 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2016
    So where is a good place in the okc area to get your cb worked on? I have one that needs some work and have kinda been outta the loop on CB's for a while.

9. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    and their real good at taking people's/drivers $$$$$$

10. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    streak o lean was probably the best tech I've ever dealt with ever... he would blow any tech and I mean any tech out here right out of the water bar none... harddrive doesn't come even close do what that man knew and could do to a radio.... I'd love to find out where he's at now. but like the really good techs that used to be out here I'm sure hes outta the game and has moved on to much much better things $$$$$ with his knowledge and expertise. !!!!!!

11. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    striker antenna striker cb shop is closed up gone.... owner went bankrupt .... he was a very strange man always worried too much about what other people thought or were saying about him... think he pretty much let it drive him crazy... that's sad very sad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.