Good eats....

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by cnsper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    There's a place up in Grasslands, Alberta called Wally's that had awesome burgers. I haven't been there in about 2 years since I rarely drive through there anymore (plus I'm on a diet :()

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^ Screw the diet, when it comes to a good burger joint, LoL!~
    There's a place in Columbus, Ohio called Hoggy's with the BEST Reubens and Onion Rings. . . . @Mike2633 @Bob Dobalina .... you guys ever been there????? The original one was off 5th and Grand I think, and there's one on Polaris now, too.
    Dang, y'all making me hungry enough to take a friggin road trip on my DAY OFF!!!!! Auuughhh...

LindaPV Thanks this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I've not been there I don't really know to much about the Columbus Restaurant seen besides the few places RDP Food Service goes to and there mostly pizza shops.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Man if you are ever in the area....... ya GOTTA check it out... {{{{tummy growls}}}} !

6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yep, I'm hip to Hoggy's in Grandview. Unfortunately, they closed a bunch of locations including that one. I think due to City Barbeque taking off all over town.

A great burger can be found at the Thurman Cafe in German Village in Columbus. It is a favorite of Mr. Schwarzenegger when he's in town for the Arnold Classic bodybuilding/fitness convention. They have a ridiculous burger in his honor named the Thurmanator!

Here's a description from their website:
    Bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, 12 ounce burger, bacon, cheddar, another 12 ounce burger, sautéed mushrooms & onions, ham, mozzarella & American cheese, top bun served with fries and a pickle spear

Only $21.99!

I have never attempted this feat. One 3/4 pounder is enough for me, thanks.

Mike2633 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. nobdysbsness69

nobdysbsness69 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2017
    Just had one of the best beef fajita plates ever!!! Great service awesome quality and plenty left for later!!!
    Silver Moon Cafe exit 277 I-40 Santa Rosa NM plenty of psrking

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.