Good Job Martin Transportation Systems MTS

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by catalinaflyer, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I was driving east on Marshall Drive in Grand Prairie, TX when this fine example of a "safe driver" blew out of a driveway in front of me without ever looking or even slowing down.

What the video doesn't portray is how close I actually was since it a very wide angle lens (fisheye).

Truck 91076 / Trailer 536295

truckon and MJ1657 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Gotta git while the gittin's good...:rolleyes:

Lemme ask you this. Did you have a mile long line of cars behind you?

browndawg Thanks this.
  4. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Nope, not a single car behind me, no need for him to beat traffic, he just didn't care.

I blew the horn at him as I went by then at the next light he pulls up alongside me, flips me off and starts cussing me like I was the one in the wrong.

skro47 Thanks this.
  5. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    Typical mega garbage

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  6. PowerBstrd

PowerBstrd Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Eh, it just seems that hiring standards have gone downhill. I recall years ago in driving school, we started out with about seventy students. Those who seemed unstable were promptly sent home, along with those who couldn't drive a peg up a ghost's arse.

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  7. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    You make the mts driver sweat instead of start braking early,i rather to be safe than right.

Csnemrod and 77smartin Thank this.
  8. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I was on the brakes, to the point of triggering a critical event, so how was I making him sweat, he could have cared less about the traffic already on the road!

When was the last time you dynamited the brakes on a bobtail? Slowing/stopping doesn't happen very quickly!

skootertrashr6 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  9. Csnemrod

Csnemrod Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2015
    I watched the video and from what I can tell, you had more than 6 seconds of time to slow down which is plenty of time not to trigger a critical event.. I would have waited to pull out myself but that just means I play it safer. I will admit the driver is in the wrong as far as courtesy but nothing to me in the video is unsafe.. except maybe the road rage you mentioned.. pulling up beside him at the light was obviously to confront him through eye contact and or hand gestures.. so the world did not stop for you to keep rolling, you had to slow down and now you are mad.. maybe you should not be driving g.

10. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    You really don't have a clue do you. The video captured the entire event, I had just changed back to the right lane thus necessitating me to watch my right mirror so by the time I looked back he was out in the middle of the road and as EVERY study has proven numerous times it takes up to 2 seconds to realize there's a hazard and react. Only after I stopped and watched the video did I see that he came from the parking lot at speed and NEVER slowed down before blazing out into the road. What would have happened had I been driving the speed limit of 45 instead of 36? What would have happened had there been a motorcycle or some other smaller vehicle ahead of me since it's obvious he didn't see or pay enough attention to the fact there was a truck coming at him less than 3 truck lengths away??

As far as him not doing anything unsafe, when may I ask did blowing out of a driveway onto a public roadway without ever slowing or god forbid stopping become not unsafe?

And if you would read a little closer he pulled up alongside me at the next light where I was stopped and began flipping me off and cussing at me.

As for me being mad, your ##### right I'm mad, I'm sick and tired of the way drivers are acting and representing the rest of the drivers out here that actually give a flying **** how we are portrayed by the general public.

As for telling me that maybe I shouldn't be driving, I've been doing this 26+ years, have an impeccable safety and employment record and just to add to that, the last ticket I got was in High School. So I'm not going anywhere but when I observe another driver acting the way this driver did I will call the company out on a public forum.

tsavory, Chewy352, 12 ga and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Csnemrod

Csnemrod Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2015
    You should have been scanning ahead when you were obviously not so you didn't recognize the hazard in time. My apologies on him pulling up next to you.. can you show the next 5 secs of the video? If a driver had did this to me and then pulled beside me, I simply don't make eye contact. Mainly for the reason that I don't want to create a more dangerous situation. .

sdsurfer77 and Lone Ranger 13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.