Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Well the latest from the keyboard planners here. Live load pallets at 2000 tonight and take to Dollar General for Live unload at 0600 in the morning. A total of 150 miles. Then backed up with a 45k load to Indy for the 4th but with comments that they might take much earlier like the 2nd or the 3rd. Learned my lesson about those long time ago. My DM is like, are they not looking at seeing that l/o.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Is it that your lease is getting close to completion, and they are starving you for miles?
    I heard tell of that happening before.

The loads I received from Mac 30 were all a bit slim, but not nearly as bad as that.
    I even managed to pick up a fairly light one, for a change.

4. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    This is my second lease. Just picked up this truck 8 weeks ago. the hits just get better. Can you please help us out. Pick up one of the yard and deliver for live unload at 1930 tonight, 11 miles away and then they stacked me up with the original pplan that I had and was cancelled this morning. They love to play there games. They also changed the pick up date and delivery. Became 1800 miles for 5 days.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    At the FlyJ on I-45 just north of the Beltway in Houston.

Finished up my load from KS to the Home Depot DC near the Lancaster terminal this morning. On the way in got the usual crap load ppln from Lancaster. Light load to Houston for a 04:00 delivery. Live unload at a construction site in downtown Houston literally in the middle of the skyscrapers. This ought to be interesting getting this truck down there. I don't even drive my car into that area.

Received a ppln later today to pickup heavy paper load in Evadale TX north of Beaumont in the morning after I'm unloaded. Pick up at 8am and deliver in northern AL Monday after lunch...a whole 600 miles. WTF!! I'm not sitting on that for 48 hours to deliver and then be 2.5 days from home time in BFE, AL

Flat out refused it with "too much time to delivery". That load would outright kill any chance of decent miles this week.

Mac30 says no offerings. That's a lie!!

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Just go in and talk to the planners ... Lathrop isn't like other terminals. When you go in the lounge, the side window in the hall, is right in front of the planners. They will work with you, if you work with them.

Also any one else used the talk to the planners feature on the call tree ... I've used it twice now and found the planners very helpful. Similar to working with Command. Let them know what I was wanting and they hooked me up with a load that worked for me.

7. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    [MysticHZ, post: 4619298, member: 43722"]Just go in and talk to the planners ... Lathrop isn't like other terminals. When you go in the lounge, the side window in the hall, is right in front of the planners. They will work with you, if you work with them.

Also any one else used the talk to the planners feature on the call tree ... I've used it twice now and found the planners very helpful. Similar to working with Command. Let them know what I was wanting and they hooked me up with a load that worked for me.[/QUOTE]
    My exac
    I have had the same good results including a Lancaster planner who now understands owners are not shuttle load gofers and in detail why not . No doubt he forgot the conversation by the next day but I got the first decent stack in over a year of dealing with that hole.

8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    BTW , TTR , this latest incarnation is crap . Try using it on a smartphone while quoting another post . Complete pos.

Buckeye91 and Cjh_army Thank this.
  9. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I have been inside. The only way to get a good load is to play shuttle for them. 3 times now asked to help on a 11 mile load for live unload and that last stack was 2400 miles for Thursday. Would have given me a whole 11 miles on this weeks check. What ticked me off the most, give me back a same plan that they took off me saying that customer cancelled. Most of the day has been Safeway loads, one even to Auburn, WA, 700 miles in 3 days. I am seriously thinking about seeing what the fr8 is like in Sparks tomorrow and just BT there. So sick of there games and it is the same planner that keeps asking me help out. My DM was even wondering, to they not know that you are l/o

10. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Of course they know who's company and owner by the driver code that is always displayed with the truck number . Company driver codes are all numeric ; ours are alpha numeric .

If someone named Thomas Shipley leases a truck I wonder what his driver code will be .

11. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Went inside to talk to the planners and let him know my displeasure today and told me that they were overbooked and if the l/o wanted a good load then take the shuttle. Then told me that nothing he could do tonight since Phoenix does the planning at night. I got this feeling that he really did not care and talk to the people in the morning. They are the ones that gave the crap. I do not have that new number that they sent us. Oh, and his code would be Shipt. Ohhh, also I really do not think that they care if co or l/o, just get that freight covered. Oh he did tell me that what I would be paid to do that shuttle really would not be that much for the time involved. Safeway and using lumpers to unload.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.