Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Cjh_army

Cjh_army Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Hamilton, Montana
    Tacoma Washington. Decided to take a week solo before getting my next student. Averaging 6600 miles a week for a couple weeks was awesome, but burned me out a little. Now I should hit 3200 this week solo, and I'll pick up a student somewhere here in the northwest next Friday. It's so peaceful to be able to sleep through 8 hours straight for once, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Your solo week averaged nearly the team rate.
    But I understand.
    It takes more out of you driving the same miles as a team/mentor, than it does as a solo.

It's hard having that second person aboard, especially when you are in a teaching role.

Mentors need better pay for what they do.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Moose you're in error on two accounts. 1...freight is down. The spot market was running 4% lless in the 1st qtr this year over last year. 2 ... economy is not up. It actually shrank in the 1st qtr.

Rates and freight are down for everyone.

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    They did not know of all the problems until this morning. By then that load was gone.

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Here in Fernley, NV. I was never so happy to leave a terminal and a state than I was this afternoon. Never ever see CA again. Guess that after 1900 miles last week, and that was a short week, getting a nice 2000 this week, and this is a full week. Thank you Lathrop

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'll nitpick and say that your point only accounts for one point, not two.
    If the economy is again in a slump it would account for the drop in freight. Both in one.

And your opening line should have been the word counts, not accounts.
    Again, nitpicking.
    Unless I'm wrong, of course. I get caught being wrong on occasion.
    From time to time, now and then.

I hate when that happens.

8. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I was talking to my aunt and uncle who own multiple trucks running flat bed and dry van. And they said it's ridiculously slow all around for them as well. Kinda makes me wonder if it's industry wide.

9. NoBluffBuff

NoBluffBuff Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    It is industry wide. I've talked with two old timers recently (25 & 30+ years), and both said had never seen freight so spotty. Now, at what was mentioned about over hiring, this was confirmed in a conversation I had with my DM. This year over last year, more drivers and maybe a record number at that.

Moosetek13 and HousTank Thank this.
  10. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    What's up Mr B!!
    Hope alls well!!

NoBluffBuff Thanks this.
  11. NoBluffBuff

NoBluffBuff Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    Thanks man! Been struggling to not return this truck, in fact, should have taken one more day off at home and go on a few runs with local guy who has his own logging trucks. He has an opening soon. At the same time, I've been up all morning, as my pta was ready, and finding out again how slim my chances of leaving are today. I'm sitting in this truck and close to home..not working for me. On the other handside, that is astonishing they have kept you busy with those miles, but I know you are a very hard worker and it shows.

HousTank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.