Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    It was to hot girl. I was out there around 2 this afternoon and that was all that I could handle and besides with all of these great miles that I am getting, how handle the price of the dinner there. Hehe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I have to get off of this truck soon, the cat and I haven't been away from the truck for more than a day since Christmas. It was too hot around 1400, I hid inside all day with the air running. I think a few more hours of video games are in order.

4. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Dang!! Jenz, I'm impressed :). I would need psychiatric care if I had only been off this truck one day since Christmas :(. You have some serious fortitude going on!!

Taking a breather at my wonderful home Terminal in Houston. It's smokin' hot here too..except in my truck cuz I'm steady idling so I can breath.

Had thought about going to my first stop on the west side of the city to spend the night but the traffic was insane on I-10W before I ever got to the 610 Loop. I've got time so I'll cross the city at 4am while the roads are empty. All three stops are right off of freeways on the west and north side so it should be a breeze getting around that early on a Sunday morning.

After my last stop its back to the terminal, drop the trailer and truck and haul ### to the house. Have some more paperwork to return to a couple of Companies.

5. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Petro in Joplin, MO. For Innkeeper, something interesting last night at the terminal. Was sitting there parked in the first row by the grass and a tow truck pulls in with truck and trailer in tow. Then proceeds to drop in front of me and I was asking, WTF, how am I getting out of here. So got out of my truck and walked up to him and he told me that the truck could run and he was going to put it in a spot but at that time a day cab pulling out of a spot and turning left decided to drop his trailer off the 5th wheel, so decided that he really could not wait for him to dolly the trailer up so could get back under it.

Well today saw something for the first time ever in all my years. Heading up I-35 and there is a wreck involving a pick em up and 2 18's. Right line all messed up and I am in the left lane. Get to the wreck and there is a trooper right at the exit. All vehicles in the right lane where being made to get off and detour around it. Those of us already in the left lane where allowed through. Watched a couple of cars and a 18 hurry and try to get in the left lane and he was having none of that. Stopped them and made them stay where they were. The driver of the 18 did not look that happy.

Well I will say that I am not following the GPS on this routing for sure. Had me going about 80 miles oor to Pontiac. Up 35 to just north of Ardmore and then start to follow a bunch of 2 lane all the way to Tulsa. Decided to just stay on 35 to OKC and then grab 44 to 55 and up to 80/94. The GPS after getting to St Louis was having me go to INDY and then up 65 to 80/94, still about 50 miles farther. The way that I am going, paid miles 1188, actual miles 1218.

Looks like for the first time in 2 weeks I can actually shut the truck down tonight. Down to 74 in about another 2 hours.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  6. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Wasn't me!!!

7. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    The Petro in Effingham, IL. Not in any real rush. Tomorrow call the receiver and see if can park there overnight on Monday. If not, guess that stop in New Boston for the night. Thought about going a little farther today but got a case of the F-its

8. spectacle13

spectacle13 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Rolling down the road....I'll wake up in humble in a few hours.

9. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Terminal, New Boston, MI

10. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Edmond, OK @ the J. Only 2nd time parking here but love the fact there's a Sonic across the street.

Called a planner again today. Only the 2nd time I done so but have gotten loads both times. If that's what it takes why not.

spectacle13 Thanks this.
  11. spectacle13

spectacle13 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Currently at a newer petro at the 101 on 35. As usual, will be spending the night rolling. Probably wake up in Arkansas.

@SteveH85396, that's the thing to do. I've tried to get a few people to understand that you can't expect to be complacent and wait for loads and run miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.