Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    IMG_20160824_233905124.jpg

Mmm, tasty. Not sharing either.

inkeper and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Had a bottle for my wedding, that is some seriously good stuff, it was nice to find out it lives up to its price.

4. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Is even nicer that I didn't buy it. Got home to mom's and found it in the freezer next to the Woodford Reserve.

FLCRACKER, inkeper and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  5. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Looks like I've missed alot,,, I've been busy, have a student that is actually worth training.

At first I was angry, because I did not request a student, I turned down multiple students as I wanted to take a break and run solo for awhile, since the last student really put a foul taste in my mouth, a fact my DM knew , well our dear friends at JVDD, put a student on me without so much as contacting me, then told the student I was going to drop by and pick them up. This after I was 60 miles south of the terminal. So I was at a complete loss for words. And of course DD did this at the end of the day so by the time I was in Otay Mesa they were gone.

So I decided to contact the student to tell them to find someone else, since it didn't feel proper to tell driver development the next day and have the student waiting for someone who was never going to show (at that moment anyway.) But I chatted a bit, told her why I was taking a break, and ended up doing my standard interview and taking her, because I could sense the eagerness and willingness to learn, as well that I was dealing with a competent human being.

And taking my instruction so deeply and absorbing what I am telling so well that i end up going into very detailed discussion about what and why I'm saying it.It is refreshing to have someone that is actually making the effort to really learn. Basically my faith in the human race has been restored.

We are about to shut down in the Decatur terminal.

@jenziedk , that is much nicer.

Moosetek13 and inkeper Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Council Bluffs, IA.

I'm picking up in Omaha but the load won't be ready until morning. Looks like I'll be getting some detention pay.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  7. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Stuck in well you can guess by the photo,,,, B service is done. Got a 2nd opinion at the tire shop and got the red tag off. Got a new windshield. But waiting on a few parts from KW.

Attached Files:

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Somewhere in TX between San Antonio and Laredo at the Petro.
    I deliver tomorrow morning at 0900 in Laredo, and I'm hoping they are actually open on a holiday.

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I know that place.
    I was there about a month ago to turn in my old truck for a new one.

My 'new' truck is 2 years old.
    A '15 ProStar, but it is a good truck so far.

10. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Have a bad feeling the Americold/Heinz I'm going to tomorrow will be the same deal.

I was told it was a 24/7 facility and it's closed today, I suspect it will be tomorrow as well.

I'm at the casseys in Cedar rapids Iowa, delivering to Americold in Cedar rapids.

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yup, they are closed today.
    So I'm at the J in Laredo until tomorrow morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.