Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I'm with mystic on this, I've went further out of route for good reason, didn't tell anyone and never got a single bloody question.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I can remember once years ago I had a load from Baytown to Hurricane, UT and the routing was about 300 miles OOR and the company drivers where getting paid it because they did not want the company trucks on US89 then and I asked about us L/O and was told, we can take the direct route and not get paid the same as the routing for the company trucks

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I deliver in Buffalo at 0700 tomorrow, then a pick up in Buffalo at 2300.
    I really hate that kind of planning.
    And the thing is, there is a very wide delivery window that would allow me to pick up in the morning. But the entire pick up window is 2300-2359.

I'm going to call in to see if I can speak to the CSR for that load. I really would like to not have to adjust my sleep schedule just to pick it up. It is preloaded, by the way.

5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, nice.
    I spoke with CSR and she said no worries about picking up the load when I want. Just make sure it delivers on time.

When I got to my delivery this morning it turned from a drop to a live unload.
    No problem there, either. I was there less than an hour.
    The guy just wanted to unload me since there was nothing else going on.

So I've got the day off at a little truck stop here in Buffalo, NY, 4 miles from my pick up tomorrow morning.

6. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    You at the little Sunoco joint, I forget what it's called? Interesting place for one if your at the one I'm thinking of.

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It's called Excell, and not so interesting. On NY 5.
    There is room for 7, maybe 8 trucks.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    That's Jims ... I'll be picking up in Buffalo Tuesday morning.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  9. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Moose, you surprised me. You've been there almost as long as I was and you didn't know you could run the toll roads? If they really had an issue with us running the toll roads, they would have never put the EZ Passes in the trucks. And btw, when coming from Wisconsin heading east, I would always take 90 to 290 to 294. Never take 90 thru downtown Chicago unless you have 5 hours to kill, or it's 2am on a Sunday.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  10. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    At the Loves in West Memphis, AR with a delivery in Memphis tomorrow. As some of you may know, I got canned from Swift a couple weeks ago because of some driver cam events. I have to say that right now...I really miss Swift. I landed a job at Marten Transport, just finishing up my first week. Compared to Marten, Swifts procedures and methods are so simple a monkey could do it. Martens macros on the Qualcomm are so messed up I can't tell if I'm doing things right or not. Apparently they have never heard of the KISS principle: Keep It Simple Stupid. It's gonna take some time to get used to this, but I do have to say...it's kind of fun passing up Swifties. Lol. See y'all on the road!

Moosetek13 and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  11. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Good luck at Marten @dodgeram440rt

I'm still in Phoenix, should escape Monday night or Tuesday morning. Partner came down from Vegas on my ZX10 and we explored a bit.

Apparently there is one FB tractor on the west coast avalible, unless another opens up I'll roll to Greer to get one. All the FB 17s are apparently on hold for something or another. No major loss, I'm rolling the dice for an older one anyway.

dodgeram440rt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.