Good truck companies in Washington area?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckinDragon, May 2, 2016.

1. TruckinDragon

TruckinDragon Bobtail Member

May 2, 2016
    I live in Lewis County and was curious what companies were good and would hire someone with no experience. I just graduated from a truck school, Western Pacific Truck School to be specific, and have my Class A CDL and Medical card. I was top of my class. I do not have my Twic card and I do not have any endorsements. I have two tickets on my record that are 4 years old and an accident from 3 years ago in September that is not my fault. I have the report to prove it. I do not want to go to Swift, seeing as their reputation has gone down in recent years. My mother was a trucker and so was my Uncle. I've always been fascinated with it and dreamed of being on the road behind the wheel of a semi. I've tried Werner, TWT(Who won't hire me because I have no verifiable recent employement, and I have gaps in my employment history because I couldn't find someone who would hire me), and Gordon. A little help please?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Submit lots of applications and you'll be on the road in a few days. Many companies have "experience required" on the websites, but bend their own rules and hire with no experience. For these, submit an application anyway and follow with a phone call in a couple days saying you're checking on your job application.

Navajo Express
    Freymiller
    Transport America
    Pride Transport
    www.redleafrecruiting.com
    Western Express
    Celadon
    Pride Transport
    May Trucking Company
    USA Truck
    Jones Bros. Trucking
    Lynden

TruckinDragon Thanks this.
  4. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Have you tried Haney. I think they are in Yakima. Which side of the county are you on?

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one I don't know much about except they have their own cdl training school.

ACS Trucking Inc. in Cheny,WA

6. TGUNKEL

TGUNKEL Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Spokane,Wa
    Lewis county is near Chehalis, WA.

7. TruckinDragon

May 2, 2016
    Thank you guys. I will most certainly check out these companies. :thumbright: I can't wait to find a company and start driving. :toothy7: And Roberts450? I'm basically in the middle of Lewis County. Lol

8. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I don't know anyone who is hiring newbies out of Lewis county. Most there are looking for experience.

The exception is M & M transport and I would avoid them like the plague. They literally roll over 10% of their fleet every year. I have seen 4 M & M trucks on their side this year in my neighborhood alone.

Good thing you are halfway in-between Seattle and Portland; you might have to look up a mega-crap company there.

JReding Thanks this.
  9. TruckinDragon

May 2, 2016
    Yeah, my Uncle worked for them and said they're crap, so I plan on avoiding them all together.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  10. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    A word of advice: get your endorsements. You can probably find a job without them, but you're very limited for options. Having your endorsements will open a lot of doors. I live in Puyallup, and work out of Lacey. I'll keep my ears and eyes open...

TequilaSunrise and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  11. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.