Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by bobbyw, Nov 11, 2006.

1. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    LVNV,
    thanks for the answers. I was also wondering how long you're out with a trainer and is the one location any better then the others as far as training/ driving goes. I'm going to southwest driving school soon and was wondering if they will accept this as a credible school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    nicnat,

Contact a recruiter, they will be able to go over there program in detail with you.

4. LVNV 6 of Spades

LVNV 6 of Spades Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I never went out with a GTI trainer, as I had prior verifiable over-the-road experience with another company.

5. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    I saw a Gordon rig in Grand Rapids, MI, today. I thought that was very unusual.

6. LVNV 6 of Spades

Nov 17, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV

We run just about everywhere. Probably a load coing out of General Mills.
    Probably a mid-west fleet driver based out of Green Bay, WI

7. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    LVNV,

Gordon doesn't run to the northeast, do they?

8. cpassey

cpassey Light Load Member

Does Gordon run up into Canada???

9. IdaRed

IdaRed Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2008
    denver, co
    one day of orientation, 28 days with a trainer, 2 more days of orientation, you get your truck and go man go...and yes, gordon goes to canada

10. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    IdaRed,

Is 28 days the minimum or the average? Does it depend on the skills of the student? I assume you are a driver for Gordon? I am going with them after school is done. Your thoughts on the company and any advice would be appreciated. What board do you drive for? Thanks.

bMac

11. LVNV 6 of Spades

Nov 17, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I/ve heard of teams and a few O/Os they make up that away. Me personally, I dont. The farthest NE I go, is Wisconsin or maybe Indiana.

Yup, been there once with the company. Had to take a load of empty aluminum cans to Vancouver. And then p/u a heavy load of paper coming back. BC and Alberta are there biggies. You hang around the PAC NW long enough with this company, especially dry fleet, you'll get to know where every paper mill is. Some mills just ship to other mills and think have dedicated drivers on heavy haul that do those. And then some mills outship finished product (some more then others). You'll probably get really used to going to "Halsey". It's a GP mill outside of Halsey OR off the beaten trail. I think we probably ship out about 20 to 30 loads a day out of there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.